Only Me

Chu Yu quietly and seriously walked as he followed behind Lu Shi.

It had rained last night, and thus the dilapidated cement walls on either side of the alley had both deep and shallow traces of moisture. The corners were covered with a layer of moss, and the ground was greatly dirtied by the passing pedestrians. He hadn't even taken that many steps but fragmented, black mud spots had already splashed across the surface of his white shoes.

Chu Yu remembered the night when it had rained heavily.

Underneath the streetlamp, Lu Shi had walked over with an umbrella to protect him from the rain.

He'd also softly touched his hair while telling him that humans were more terrifying than monsters.

So, even if he really did become a monster, there was nothing to be afraid of.

Chu Yu knew very well, deep down, that when it came to Lu Shi, it wasn't just their special connection through bloodsucking that he was fond of, it was more of Lu Shi's unchanged attitude as well as that tiny bit of warmth and comfort.

He subconsciously wanted to get closer to Lu Shi.

But, he instinctively felt scared at the same time.

Not just because of Lu Shi's absurd strength and his unfluctuating eyes when fighting.

Rather, it was Lu Shi's body that seemed to exude a sort of gloom that couldn't be dispersed. It was like layers of black clouds covering the sky.

This was something that Chu Yu had never encountered before in his life.

His steps unconsciously slowed as he watched Lu Shi's back. Chu Yu found that the other party was akin to a black hole engulfing a nebula; infinitely drawing him in.

It made him shudder, but he also couldn't help but want to approach.

"Something wrong?"

Seeing Lu Shi turn around, Chu Yu realized that he'd been walking too slowly and had already fallen greatly behind.

He quickly caught up with Lu Shi in a few haste steps, much too embarrassed. "I just tuned out."

"Hm."

While following Lu Shi, Chu Yu didn't dare ask where they were going.

The two walked until they were opposite the beef house where they had eaten last time. They passed through the door of the auto repair shop and walked in, ultimately stopping in a small courtyard.

The yard was quite small, yet there were a lot of chaotically piled up tires, oil canisters, plastic water pipes, and even some equipment which Chu Yu didn't know of.

In the barely remaining space was an assembled square table.

Chu Yu first looked at the steaming hot pot on the table and the plates of roughly cut side dishes that were laid out, then at Wei Guanglei and Zhu Zhifei who were sitting around the table, a little stunned.

Wei Guanglei and Zhu Zhifei were also surprised.

"Young Master?"

Zhu Zhifei pushed up his glasses and took another look before sitting down and pulling the tab of a cold can of beer. He glanced at Lu Shi who had already started drinking, confused about the situation.

What is this and how?

Weren't Lu-Ge and the young master not amicable? Why did he suddenly bring him here right now?

Wei Guanglei didn't think as deeply since he always had a very good impression of Chu Yu, and now he'd even been brought here by Lu Shi himself. He kicked a blue plastic stool over and beckoned him. "Long time no see, is that stool next to Lu-Ge fine with you?"