Behave

On the first Friday of the semester, the entire student body was a little restless.

Everyone's summer vacation syndrome wasn't fully cured. In one of their classes, Old Ye emphasized five times the 'need to curb one's evil instinct', but his words fell flat and there were no obvious effects.

Originally, Chu Yu didn't have this syndrome. Compared to his deserted home, he liked school more for it bustled with noise and excitement, and he could chat and play with others.

But because Zhang Yueshan – seated in front – was restlessly turning his Rubik's Cube all day long and Li Hua, who didn't have a Rubik's Cube, was spinning his pen like a propeller ushering wind, Chu Yu also became a bit fidgety in his seat.

The moment the bell rang, signaling the end of class, it seemed as if the whole building was about to collapse. It was filled with the scraping sounds of tables and chairs moving, as well as the sound of dense footsteps.

Zhang Yueshan's school bag was tidied up five minutes in advance, and he sprang up the second the bell rang. "My friends, see you next week!"

Li Hua wanted to reduce the weight of his school bag so he planned to leave after completing his English homework. He didn't raise his head when he heard those words, but he prolonged his intonation as he spoke, "Bye bye, take care!"

Chu Yu slowly packed his school bag.

There wasn't a single one of his textbooks inside, instead, his school bag was full of comic books that he'd finished reading and was planning to take back and replace with new ones.

"Lu-Ge!" A shout came from the classroom's back door. Chu Yu was familiar with the voice. He turned his head to look over and it was indeed Zhu Zhifei.

Lu Shi didn't reply, only gestured.

Zhu Zhifei understood. He carried his backpack into the classroom, dragged a chair over, and sat down to watch Lu Shi solve questions.

He soon gave up after reading it. "Sure enough, Lu-Ge is still my Lu-Ge. How do you do it? You finish scanning the question at a glance, spin your pencil twice, and voila, the answer appears. I haven't even figured out which fucking formula to use!"

Lu Shi ignored him, speeding up to read the remaining three problems. Omitting all the steps in the process and rendering the draft paper for the calculations useless, he mentally calculated and wrote down the final answer.

After he finished, Lu Shi put his pen aside. "Let's go."

Zhu Zhifei stood up. "Go go go, my mother told me to bring you to our house for a meal. We're having stewed pig trotters with pearl barley. She said that since you study hard, you must eat more of it to replenish your brain. I don't really get it, how do pig feet replenish your brain?"

Lu Shi stuffed a few test papers, a book of school work exercises, and an extra pencil into his school bag, then zipped it up and hung it on one shoulder.

Chu Yu, who was still sitting in his seat, had also finished sorting his backpack. Seeing that Lu Shi was about to leave, he asked, "That... are you going home for the weekend?"

Lu Shi looked down at him. "Hm, going back." Feeling stuffy, he loosened the top button of his white shirt's collar in passing. Then recalling something, he added, "I'll return to the dormitory Sunday night."

"Oh, okay."

Chu Yu began to calculate the time in his head.

Saturday and Sunday, only two days. Even if he became a little uncomfortable, he should be able to last until Sunday night.