I Will Pull You Through

When Chu Yu and Lu Shi exited the washroom, Dream-Ge and Zhang Yueshan were holding chopsticks as microphones, stepping on their stool with one foot, and performing love song duets.

Seeing them come out, Dream-Ge waved his hand. "Fan friends at the back, raise your hands! Let me see you!"

Chu Yu raised his hand cooperatively and waved. "Dream-Ge, your line was really stupid!"

Dream-Ge laughed. "Really? It was obviously very handsome!"

Possessing good eyesight, he found something strange. "School Flower, have you eaten too much chili, your mouth is so red hahaha! Wait, we didn't seem to have ordered very spicy dishes, could it be... the soup was too hot?"

The place went eerily silent.

Li Hua answered calmly, "The soup was boiled, drink it only after it cools down or else it'll burn your mouth."

Chu Yu, who was sitting in his seat again, looked at Li Hua while having the nagging feeling that his young love seemed like it'd been exposed.

After thinking about it, he took out his cellphone and sent a [!] to Li Hua.

Li Hua replied very quickly, [?]

Chu Yu: [!!]

This time, Li Hua returned: [.]

Chu Yu was confused.

What does this period mean?

Just as he was struggling with how to reply, Li Hua sent another message. [I know.]

It revealed a mysteriously profound sense of 'I've seen through your little secret'.

Chu Yu typed carefully. [Know what?]

[You and Lu-Shen come and go together every day, look at each other affectionately after class, hold hands all the time in class, and you both put your mouth to the other's ear when saying something. When you lie on the table during or after class to sleep, you have to hold Lu-Shen's fingers under the table. Lu Shen even coaxes you if your sleep isn't stable. I also want to know nothing, but I really can't be as blind as Dream-Ge.]

Chu Yu licked his lips that were a little sore.

He couldn't help but retort, [We weren't looking at each other affectionately! That's too lovey-dovey!]

Li Hua raised his eyebrows and texted, [Are you misunderstanding your relationship with Lu-Shen? When aren't you lovey-dovey?]

After reading this sentence, Chu Yu reflected deeply— is this really the case?

After dinner, no one wanted to go home.

Dream-Ge delivered an affectionate speech. "The thought of opening my eyes tomorrow and being faced with cram school life smothering the entire duration of winter break pains my heart greatly! My heart keeps telling me that I can't just return like this today! I'm not reconciled! I want to dance in the waves! I want to fly!"

Li Hua flipped through his phone and droned, "Billiards, bowling, singing, multiplayer at an Internet cafe, movies, or taking a walk to aid digestion, choose."

Dream-Ge probed, "How about... playing basketball together?"

No one responded.

Dream-Ge felt aggrieved and made a compromise. "Can't play basketball, then what about singing? I want to sing the NBA's promotional song super passionately! Do you want to hear it?"

The group quickly turned to KTV.

On this winter night, everyone exuded fiery passion and an eagerness to sing their throats out.