Yearning And Thinking Of Me Alone

While they were heading to the ginkgo tree next to the ancient well of the Taoist temple, Dream-Ge waved from a distance. "School Flower! Lu-Shen! You guys are walking too slowly!"

Li Hua poked Dream-Ge with his elbow. "You talk too much."

Dream-Ge didn't respond for a while, not knowing why Li Hua poked him.

Blinking his eyes a few times, he suddenly felt enlightened. Dream-Ge stifled his voice. "Damn, you mean they, they—" He shielded his mouth with his hands and whispered, "Did they have a lover's rendezvous in the woods? That exciting?"

Chu Yu approached and only vaguely heard two words. "What woods?"

Dream-Ge immediately stood up straight and said with a grin, "It's nothing ah, I was just telling Li Hua that the woods on this mountain are so dense and pleasantly cool!"

The ancient well was surrounded by a fence, and beside it was a stone tablet with the words "Qing Liang Jing" engraved on it.

Old Ye was standing beside the stone tablet next to the ancient well, fanning himself with two palm-sized leaves and saying, "Class Monitor, come and check if everyone is here. We'll be taking pictures when we're all present!"

Zhang Yueshan then counted. "Teacher, there are still three people left."

"Okay, then we'll wait. Students can take this opportunity to get close to nature. When learning 'Endless, Dreary Fall of Trees' in the future, you'll be able to imagine what being endless means in this 'endless fall'. Speaking of which, this reminds me of an ancient saying. Shuowen Jiezi mentioned that when the grass loses its leaves, it's called 'wither', but when trees lose their leaves, it's called 'falling'..."

The Ginkgo trees were very old and were planted here hundreds of years ago. Their emerald-green tree tops spread widely, and their canopy was shady, allowing only tiny specks of light to scatter on the ground.

Chu Yu's sharp eyes singled out a heart-shaped ginkgo leaf which he then grasped in his hand.

After Lu Shi had said those two words to him under the eaves of the Taoist temple, he felt more at ease, and his whole person became relaxed again.

Handing the ginkgo leaf to Lu Shi, Chu Yu's eyes revealed a clear, bright smile. "Here, for you, the leaf of love!"

Lu Shi accepted it, picked a book from his black bag, and carefully placed the leaf inside it.

Zhang Yueshan, who was watching from the side, moved over to his desk mate to say, "Why do I always feel that... around Lu-Shen and School Flower, there seems to be a magical barrier, making it impossible for other people to get close."

Li Hua held a dried up branch he picked up from somewhere and spun it smoothly like a pen. "Thundemiskovsky said this is called 'the barrier of love'."

"There's actually a scientific basis? Fucking awesome!" Zhang Yueshan, who'd learnt Dream-Ge's commonly used expression, wondered, "Then—"

Before he could finish asking, he heard Old Ye shout, "Everyone is here. Class Monitor, come over to organize!"

Zhang Yueshan got up. "I'll be going first, I'll come back later so tell me then!"

Fang Ziqi, who had seized the time to memorize words even during the spring outing, closed his vocabulary book. "Who is Thundemiskovsky? There's no entry related to this person's name in my knowledge inventory, I can't allow this to happen!"

An 'are you stupid?' expression was plastered over Li Hua's face. "Because it's a name I just made up. How can 'barrier of love' be a thing?"

Fang Ziqi: "..."