Idea

It was unknown how many reminders they'd received from Old Ye already. Throughout the whole day, the teachers would always set aside a few minutes after the beginning of each class for a piece of chicken soup. It was poured directly into the students and was the kind where if one didn't listen, then they were forced to listen.

While waiting for dinner, Zhang Yueshan saw a pot of tea tree mushroom stewed chicken soup on the menu. He quickly turned away in disgust. "Too much has been poured today, I don't want to see the words 'chicken soup' for at least two days!"

"Me too!"

Dream-Ge was baffled. "But what's going on, why were the teachers on 'chicken soup for the soul' mode? And it's all a set, without any repetition! I've heard it so much all day that it feels like I can tie up the azure dragon if I put my hands up, or that I can get full marks on a test when I put my head down and write, and that as long as I practice for an entire summer vacation, I can gloriously advance to the NBA in the blink of an eye. I have this blind confidence that if it's not possible today, then it'll definitely be possible tomorrow!"

Li Hua answered, "It's because of the accidents at the neighboring school."

Chu Yu, who was leaning his head to look at the menu in Lu Shi's hand, was stunned and had a bad premonition. "What happened?"

The "neighboring school" Li Hua mentioned referred to No. 3 High School, which was in the same district but a few blocks away from Jianing Private School.

As they were the only two high schools in the area, they called each other "neighbors".

"One of my junior high school classmates who's studying there secretly revealed that three students have already died since the start of the school year. One had a sudden death during morning self-study, while the other fell to the ground while running and was dead upon arrival at the hospital. The last one, after failing a mock quiz, went to an abandoned school building in the middle of the night, jumped off, and died."

The people present fell silent for a while and didn't speak.

They didn't know what to feel, but they were a little cold.

Chu Yu didn't want to be so close to death at all.

Li Hua continued, "These things are being kept under wraps. We haven't heard the news, but the teachers definitely know. I guess that's the reason why Old Ye and the others kept pouring a variety of chicken soup for us because they're afraid that we'd be under too much pressure or that our mentality will collapse if we don't do well in the exam and we'll directly jump off a building or something."

After he finished speaking, all at the same time, several eyes turned towards Fang Ziqi who was in the middle of peeling peanuts.

Fang Ziqi's action of pinching the peanuts paused, a little scared. "What's up? What are you guys looking at me for? Want me to teach you how to peel peanuts?"

Zhang Yueshan worriedly asked, "Study Com, are you... in a good state of mind?"

Fang Ziqi rolled his eyes. He tossed a peanut into the air and had it fall into his mouth. "What horror scenes are you imagining? Look at me, am I the kind of person who'd jump off a building? Or someone who'd suddenly die in the study room or on the sports field?"

Dream-Ge had worry written all over his face. "Yes."

Fang Ziqi: "..."

He then looked at Chu Yu. "School flower, what about you?"

Chu Yu recalled Fang Ziqi's heroic deeds: when he'd read his report card until his face was paralyzed, as well as when he'd been carried out of the study room after working too hard. Thus, he was a little apprehensive.