Sleep Talk

It was a message sent by Chu Yu.

He texted Lu Shi that he'd played three games in a row and successfully swept all the locations in the novice area, very unparalleled.

Lu Shi replied with an [En].

Before returning to the private room, Lu Shi went to the restroom.

He carefully washed his hands three times, then finally wiped them dry with paper towels. He especially wiped his fingertips very meticulously.

Lu Shaochu saw Lu Shi had returned so he put his phone down and questioned, "Why were you gone for so long? The dishes are cold."

Lu Shi sat down, his voice still a little chilly. "The sky corridor's monitoring, ask someone to deal with it."

Lu Shaochu's chopsticks paused. Realizing something was wrong, he frowned. "What's the matter?"

"Fought with someone."

Lu Shaochu's frowning eyebrows loosened and he nodded. "Just need the monitoring erased?"

"Mn."

"Not bad not bad, knowing there was a fight, very good. When you were a child, I found a famous master to teach you how to fight. One, because of fear that you'll be kidnapped, and two, for fear that you'll be bullied."

Lu Shaochu was gratified to hear that his son was fighting and he joked with a half true and false meaning, "I, your dad, have already been mentally prepared to help you send people to the ICU."

Lu Shi glanced at him, but said nothing.

Lu Shaochu wasn't annoyed by Lu Shi's indifferent attitude. He called the manager and ordered him regarding the matter.

After that, there was a feeling of novelty.

Unlike now, Lu Shi had been extremely obedient and sensible as a child. He was self-disciplined and never caused trouble; the standard perfect young successor.

Lu Shaochu had heard envious praises from many people, saying that he'd raised such a considerate son who was even clever and thoughtful, and that the Lu family was believed to be a tall incense stick that would burn for eight lifetimes.

His mouth would reply 'you're too kind', 'you flatter me'. The child had been small and didn't know what would happen once he grew up, but his heart had been entirely free of worry.

Lu Shaochu was busy at work, so Fang Weiyun had taken care of him at home. Children were always full of enthusiasm for their parents, and Lu Shi was no exception. He liked Fang Weiyun very much.

So much so that when he was young and asked why he was studying so hard to become first in his grade, Lu Shi would answer seriously, "In order to make my mother happy."

Perhaps this was why Lu Shi's reaction had been so big when he suddenly learned that his mother, whom he'd called mom from his childhood to youth, wasn't his biological mother.

Sighing in his heart, Lu Shaochu considered that this knot still had to be slowly untangled. His son, who was very upright in his decisions, might be influenced contrarily if forced and scolded.

He looked at Lu Shi again, feeling more and more satisfied.

His son possessed good looks, a good brain, and a good temperament. Although he was in his youthful rebelliousness currently, wasn't that hereditary? When he himself was young, hadn't he rebelled as well? Nothing had hindered him.

Picking up the serving chopsticks, Lu Shaochu grabbed a piece of stewed beef and placed it in Lu Shi's bowl while saying in a gentle voice, "If you don't want to go home for the time being, it's okay. When residing outside, you can live life for yourself and enrich all the experiences it has to offer. Dad supports you. You're older now and have your own ideas, Dad won't interfere too much."