Why Did You Come Back

The light was switched on.

Chu Yu was revived and full of blood within a second.

He pulled open a drawer that was packed to the brim with neatly stacked blood tonic.

After taking one out, Chu Yu inserted the straw. Seeing Lu Shi sitting on the carpet and not getting up, he also sat down and moved the straw to Lu Shi's lips. "Quick, drink."

Lu Shi held his hand, bit the straw, and drank it all; his protruding Adam's apple moved up and down.

Noticing that Lu Shi's shoulder and collarbone were still showing, Chu Yu couldn't help but reach out to help him pull the collar of his shirt.

He was a bit embarrassed when remembering that he'd just pressed this person on the ground.

Pinching the clear brown bottle of tonic in his hand, Chu Yu rubbed and kneaded it while hesitantly asking, "Your matters... did it go well?"

"Mm, it went well."

Lu Shi got up, stood still, and gazed down at him. "Go to bed early, I'm leaving."

"Okay."

After Chu Yu answered, he suddenly realized something was wrong. "Where are you going?"

Putting his hand on the doorknob, Lu Shi tilted his head to look at Chu Yu. He raised his index finger and lightly pressed it to his lips. "Shh, I never came back."

Lu Shi took the opportunity to skip class, relying on the pretense of his leave of absence.

This was what Chu Yu concluded in the afternoon of the next day.

The desk behind him was empty.

The math teacher was discussing the monthly test. As he talked about the second last question, he habitually asked, "Lu Shi, tell me what your reasoning and solution to this question is."

Dream-Ge raised his hand and reminded loudly, "Sir, the person you're looking for isn't here!"

"Lu Shi requested for a leave and has not returned?"

The math teacher turned to Dream-Ge. "Then can I ask Student Luo Jiaxuan to lower the binoculars in your hand and tell me your thoughts?"

The binoculars Chu Yu prepared for studying had been borrowed by Dream-Ge. The reason being because Dream-Ge suddenly realized that he seemed to be slightly nearsighted. But due to his height, sitting closer to the front would block the sight of those behind him, so Old Ye wouldn't let him change seats.

Thus, he'd asked Chu Yu to lend him his binoculars.

Chu Yu didn't need it anymore and generously lent it to Dream-Ge.

Dream-Ge stood up holding the binoculars. He scratched his head, picked up the test paper and stared at the question carefully, then answered, "This question, when I saw it at the time, I felt that it seemed very familiar! I've done it before! So I tried to remember and thought very hard, thinking, what was the standard solution we practiced before? It was a pity that I still couldn't recall it even when the exam had finished and the papers were handed in. Therefore, Sir, I have no idea regarding this question."

The math teacher praised, "Not bad, at least you are aware that you have done the problem before. You can sit down."

After class, Dream-Ge dashed in quick small steps, hopping until he was beside Chu Yu's desk. "Hey, School Flower, where did Lu-Shen go? Why is he still not back? I don't think I've seen him for two or three days."

Chu Yu, who was holding a comic book, raised his head faintly and said, "Why do you all ask me? I also don't know ah."

"In our class, you're the most familiar with Lu-Shen. If even you, School Flower, don't know, then Lu-Shen's whereabouts are truly a mystery."