If You Don't Want, Then I Do

Chu Yu sandwiched his transcript in a book and went to speak with his homeroom teacher first.

In the process, he was praised by Old Ye again, and by the English teacher beside him. Chu Yu was complimented so much that he became absent-minded and felt like he was that flickering, shiny WenQuXing in the sky.

Exiting the office, Chu Yu saw Lu Shi waiting at the door with his hands habitually inserted in his pockets.

"I'll go with you."

Chu Yu thought that since he'd visited the principal's office several times, he didn't need to be accompanied because he was already familiar with the route. But seeing that Lu Shi had already taken a step forward, he simply followed— maybe Lu Shi was looking for the principal for something?

The weather was gloomy with thick clouds and no sunlight.

Chu Yu was in a good mood and couldn't stop talking to Lu Shi along the way.

"I never imagined I could rank 199th! I can't get such a high score even in my dreams." Chu Yu understood clearly deep inside and smiled at Lu Shi. "Thank you!"

Lu Shi stared straight ahead and spoke with a light tone, "Thank you for what?"

A smile reflected in his light-colored eyes as Chu Yu spread his fingers and began counting. "The reading comprehension and language application answer templates, the certain-to-show up archaeological poetry and literature fill in the blanks, and lastly the essay templates you gave me, I used all of them! And and, those math, physics and chem questions you highlighted were all accurate. First line, second line, third line, almost every line looked familiar to me. What kind of descended god are you?"

After saying that, he bent down and looked at Lu Shi's face from the bottom up with an exaggerated expression. "Lu-Shen, how are you this amazing?"

Lu Shi took one hand out of his pocket and rubbed the other's hair. "Walk properly."

After the two unhurriedly arrived at the door of the principal's office, they found that it was closed.

Chu Yu knocked on the door and entered. "Sir, may I ask what you wanted to see me for?"

As soon as he finished speaking, Chu Yu noticed two people sitting on the sofa on the left side of the office— Guan Yiyang and Fang Mingzhe.

He remembered Fang Mingzhe. He sat in front of Guan Yiyang and was the one who loudly said that he wanted to bask in the light and be his uncle.

The smile on his face faded and Chu Yu looked away. "Sir, were you looking for me?"

The office wasn't big. Behind the solid, dark brown wooden desk was a bookshelf filled with many books such as Adolescent Psychology, Digest, Introduction to Educational Psychology and so forth. Two three-seater sofas, both dark brown, were placed on both sides to serve as the visitor's area.

The principal was sitting behind the desk. Seeing Chu Yu coming in, a kind smile appeared on his face. "Student Chu Yu, thank you for coming over this time, please come sit down."

Seeing Lu Shi come in with him, he spoke again, "If Student Lu Shi isn't in a hurry, you can return to the classroom first and come again to find me in my office this afternoon."

Chu Yu sat down on the sofa and said, "Lu Shi is accompanying me."

"So it's like that. In that case, you should also sit, Lu Shi."

Once the two were seated, the principal cleared his throat. "This time I asked student Chu Yu to come over because I wanted to investigate and be clear about one thing."