Your Accomplice

Chu Yu's wrist was meticulously tossed by Lu Shi's hand, causing a soft itch in his heart for no reason.

Suppressing the nagging agitation, Chu Yu lowered his eyes and stared at the cold white skin on the back of Lu Shi's hand, as well as the blue-green blood vessels.

He knew Lu Shi's intentions.

Crystal clear.

Just like in that small alley where Lu Shi used the pointed tip of a plastic straw to pierce his fingertip without frowning before thoroughly smearing thick blood on his lips then gently asking him, 'Does my blood smell good? Then, why do you want to smell another's blood?'

Just like that night when he held Lu Shi's wrist and told Lu Shi to let go. Lu Shi had asked him if he was afraid.

He appeared strong, calm, and indifferent, but in fact, Chu Yu felt that Lu Shi was more afraid and perturbed than him.

More fragile, even.

Why should he be afraid?

Was it simply because Lu Shi was trapped in a swamp? Because his countenance was filled with coldness, hostility, and paranoia?

But, this was the person he liked.

The person he liked.

Yes, exactly!

Not just need, not just dependence.

It was like.

The place where his heart rested heated up. As if a fire was sparked, the scorching flames instantly burned through his limbs and bones. Chu Yu took a deep breath, his lips and tongue were dry, and even his breathing became hurried.

He controlled his line of sight to meet Lu Shi's eyes before stutteringly saying, "Y-you, wait for me, it'll be quick, I will get something from home! It'll be really quick!"

After speaking, Chu Yu turned around, ran out at lightning speed, and disappeared after a while.

Lu Shi sat in the same spot. His curved fingers moved slightly.

How empty.

He stared at the door leading outdoors for a long time. The corners of his thin lips suddenly curled into a smile, but the smile did not reach his eyes in the slightest.

Lu Shi's back slackened and he fell backward, lying on the cold stone surface.

The slight chill stubbornly penetrated through the barrier of his clothing, and soon, his skin and bones were suffused, then even his blood froze.

With half-squinted eyes, Lu Shi stared at the arc-shaped dome of the glass greenhouse. The light shining through the glass wasn't bright, but Lu Shi's eyes still stung with pain.

He originally thought that when he decided to show his true self to Chu Yu inch by inch, layer by layer, he was already mentally prepared.

But at this moment, he suddenly realized that he was far more vulnerable than he thought.

But Lu Shi, you can't be vulnerable, you still have many things you haven't accomplished, you can't, you shouldn't.

In his pitch-black eyes, shallow self-depreciation drifted upwards.

Sure enough, he was truly dirty and rotten.

The hard stone beneath him instantly turned into black mud, similar to a swamp, carrying a rancid smell, and causing people to sink.

Lu Shi closed his eyes and stopped struggling in vain.

Wei Guanglei stood at the door of the shooting range and peered through the thin seams of the door but couldn't see anything. Scratching the back of his head, he doubtfully asked the boss, "Is my Lu-Ge really inside? You didn't see it wrong?"