His Chu Yu

Trigger Warning: Pretty much a mix between all the previous warnings.

Things happened faster than Chu Yu imagined.

Lu Shaochu had been taken away to cooperate with an investigation, and more than a week later, the Fang family had an accident.

A reporter photographed a police car parked in front of the Fang Heng Group entrance, in which the Fang clan owned a number of shares.

As soon as the news came out, rumors sprang up everywhere.

Some say that the executives of Fang Heng Group were taken away for investigation on suspicion of taking advantage of their positions for personal gain. Some also said that the group was suspected of tax evasion. Others said that it was about Fang Weiyun's murder, and the accomplices were being arrested this time.

However, not the slightest of movement was seen in Fang Heng's public relations department.

Perhaps the event was too sudden for them to react in time. It was also possible that the Fang family was about to change hands, and everyone was watching from the sidelines.

It was the afternoon class and the English teacher was teaching grammar while cicadas chirped outside the window. Few people could persist as most of them were dozing off, especially those in the back row of the classroom who'd already fallen asleep early on.

Chu Yu had his mobile phone under the pages of a book, searching for relevant news. But even after reading all the content reported by major media channels, he didn't see any picture of Fang Weishan being taken away. There were only rumors about Fang Weishan already undergoing trial.

Just when Chu Yu was about to stuff his phone into the table, his newsreader suddenly released a notification.

Seeing the line of words clearly, Chu Yu's pupils shrank, his grip loosened and the phone fell to the ground with a 'ba-ta' in the blink of an eye. Fortunately, the English teacher was playing a recorded reading so the falling sound went unnoticed.

Chu Yu picked up the phone, clicked on the news, and confirmed that his eyes hadn't failed him yet.

It was indeed written in the news that Lu Zhaohe was seriously ill and had been admitted to the hospital. The stock prices of the Lu clan's group were in a volatile state.

However, when he searched again, he found that the Lu clan's news department had already refuted the rumors, saying Lu Zhaohe was in good health and had not been hospitalized. They said the previous news was merely the media's groundless hearsay to attract attention.

Chu Yu handed his phone to Lu Shi.

The two looked at each other and surmised that Lu Zhaohe's hospitalization was 90% true. The Lu clan's PR department's denial was very timely after the news was leaked. Obviously, there was a contingency plan, mainly to stabilize the stock prices as well as the internal and external situation, and cover up the truth.

The only question now was what this "serious illness" was.

The English teacher had a good sense of timing. The bell rang just after the assignment was done.

Old Ye came in from the back door and greeted the English teacher from a distance across the rows of desks. Then, he went to the last row and asked Lu Shi to come to the office.

After taking two steps outside, Old Ye turned around and said to Chu Yu, "Student Chu Yu, come with us too."

Seeing Lu Shi and Chu Yu being called away together by Old Ye, Dream-Ge rushed to Zhang Yueshan and Li Hua's desks in haste, yelling anxiously, "Brothers! I have a bad feeling! Could it be that Old Ye noticed Lu-Shen and School Flower's love affair?"