XiJiangYueMan

The heavy rain that had been pouring for a long time finally stopped.

As the car's tires drove over sunken puddles from time to time, there was the faint sound of gurgling water in the underbrush beside the road.

The passenger seat's window had been open for a while, so Chu Yu was a bit cold from the blowing breeze.

His clothes wet from the rain had been changed into a spare set which Lu Shi had in the car, they carried a familiar smell of laundry detergent.

Seeing him rub his arms twice, Lu Shi raised the window and said in a low voice, "You'll catch a cold."

In the back seat, Zhu Zhifei and Wei Guanglei were still arguing loudly about whether the barbecue stall by the river was open or not.

Lu Shi was too lazy to argue and simply drove the car directly to the Qingchuan River bank.

Qingchuan River's water level had risen a lot while the road signs standing there had been washed clean by the rain.

The riverbank was quiet as there wasn't a single person present. It was a heavy rainfall, thus there weren't any shadows of people fishing tonight, let alone barbecue stalls.

Wei Guanglei and Zhu Zhifei crammed onto one side, grabbed the glass window, and simultaneously sighed, "Ai, our midnight snacks are gone!"

Lu Shi turned the steering wheel with one hand and asked Chu Yu, "What do you want to eat?"

"I don't have anything I wanna eat." Chu Yu contemplated for a while before speaking again, "I'm a bit cold, something warm is fine."

"Hm."

The car's headlights switched on. Turning around, Lu Shi once again drove on the road.

The car was first returned to the small garage of the auto repair shop. Then the group took many twists and turns before finally arriving in front of a petite store.

The store's door was very small with two reddish-brown clay pots of aloe vera arranged at the doorway, and a menu board written in red paint erected next to it. Inside the shop were two bright lamps and five square tables— all small.

Sitting down on the blue plastic stool, Lu Shi questioned Chu Yu, "Is tangyuan alright?"

Chu Yu had no problems with what to eat. "Yes."

Wei Guanglei and Zhu Zhifei had been starving since earlier and ordered all of the signature meat dishes on the menu board. While waiting for the dishes, they were so hungry that they cleaned up a plate of peanuts.

Zhu Zhifei touched his unstocked belly. Remembering something, he excitedly said, "By the way, friendly forces have sent a war report today!"

Wei Guanglei was lifting a teapot to pour water for himself. "What friendly forces?"

"It's about the matter regarding Guan Yiyang and Fang Mingzhe. Those two transferred fast, flying to No. 11 High School. I happen to know several classmates from junior high who all attend No. 11 High School. When I was talking on the phone while studying with them, I accidentally spilled about those two's partnership in framing School Flower for falsely cheating, and stealing test papers to cheat— their deeply hidden meritorious deeds and fame."

Wei Guanglei helped Zhu Zhifei fill his teacup. "Brother, nice job!"

"You flatter me."

Zhu Zhifei pushed up his glasses, his tone a little serious. "These two people possess good grades, but their characters aren't really proper. If they're not taught a little lesson, they might do this framing thing to others in the future. There exist people like this, who never reflect on what bad things they've done or how much harm they've put people in. They think that if they change schools and pat their buttocks, they can flip over a new page; pick themselves clean, like a white lotus breaking through the water's surface. After that, the dirty water will probably be splashed onto the victim."