Dog Fight

Chu Yu got used to the anklet after a few days of wearing it.

Except for when wearing ankle-length socks, it didn't affect him at all. He'd look down from time to time and think it was pretty.

Returning from the May 1st holiday, there were three consecutive days of midterm exams. After the exams, everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

No matter how good or bad they did on the tests, at least they could relax and enjoy the two days before the test results were announced.

Li Hua scouted Chu Yu and Lu Shi, then several of them gathered to match their answers.

Fang Ziqi trembled with fear every time a question was answered. He'd directly cover his ears after a correct answer appeared. Because of staying up late to review, there was still a clear circle of greenish-black shadow underneath his eyes.

"No, no, torture! This is really torture! If I have a nervous breakdown one day, it'll definitely be caused by matching answers!"

Zhang Yueshan waved his hand and said in a discontented tone, "You might not believe this, but we had ten multiple-choice questions in math and I actually have six questions to which answers differ from Lu-Shen. I'm dead, I can't live on, I don't dare think about how many marks I'll get in math... matching answers is really too fucking terrible!"

Li Hua comforted him, "Maybe you got the rest of the choices and fill-in-the-blank questions all correct."

Zhang Yueshan was briefly excited before his face broke down. "Do you believe so? That the rest of my questions are all correct."

Faced with Zhang Yueshan's expectant look, Li Hua wanted to say "I believe" in good conscience, but he stated the truth in the end. "I don't believe it."

Zhang Yueshan looked haggard. "Brothers, do you want ice cream? My treat. I just request of you all to bless me."

The group gathered in front of the school's convenience store.

Zhang Yueshan did what he said and treated them to ice cream.

Dream-Ge was the most driven. He took an ice cream from Zhang Yueshan and wished him well in a loud voice, "I wish you eternal youth!"

Before Zhang Yueshan could react, Chu Yu quickly chose a strawberry flavored one. "I wish you and your children a fulfilling life!"

Lu Shi also reached out and picked a random flavor. "I wish that you give birth to a son soon."

Zhang Yueshan's face looked dumbfounded. "You guys, you're-," he couldn't think of an adjective. "You guys! I wanted you to bless the rest of my math questions to be correct! Laozi isn't married or old yet, why would I want to stay young forever or birth a son so soon?"

Dream-Ge tore off the wrapping paper and licked. "Class Rep, our wishes were perfect! Eternal youth is fucking awesome!"

Chu Yu's eyes curved. "That's right, Class Rep, anyone who has studied political philosophy knows that we don't have the final say in whether you can get all the multiple-choice questions correct." He smacked his lips. "This ice cream is delicious!"

The group of students laughed and made noise all the way, and in a blink of an eye, they forgot about the monthly exams.

It was rare that there weren't many people lining up at the entrance of the school building's elevator, so the group quickly entered it.

Zhang Yueshan remembered, "You have to do something in exchange for eating my ice cream, right? Tomorrow night, can you all come cheer me on in the finals of my fencing competition?"