Don't Be Afraid

One moment, it felt as if Chu Yu was being pulled into the center of the earth by a huge gravitational force, but then suddenly his body felt as light as a feather being thrown high into the clouds.

He was in such a state of confusion that he couldn't even recall what time it was or where he was.

Driven only by his bloodline's instincts, it urged him to greedily suck up the blood.

The blood flowed into his mouth like fine syrup as he was overcome with an indescribably sweet flavor. His scorched and parched throat felt akin to dry earth welcoming sweet rain. The turbulent, burning heat in his veins and entire body also gradually subsided.

Countless mouthfuls of blood were sucked out and devoured into Chu Yu's body, and the immense giddy satisfaction sent an uncontrollable quiver through his whole frame. He clung tightly to Lu Shi's back, his fingers pressed hard, and he'd even unconsciously let out a faint hum.

The dream that had haunted him for several days appeared before him.

In the twisted alley, the sunlight was dazzling. Lu Shi looked at him, his brow shadowing his cold, sharp eyes which made his expression frosty and intense as blood trickled down from the wound on his left arm.

This imagery — like a scattered jigsaw puzzle — maintained a hint of clarity in his mind.

Chu Yu heard heavy rain outside.

Thousands of raindrops rapping against the glass walls were coupled with the sound of flowing water.

He heard Lu Shi's shallow breathing, felt his warm body temperature, and noticed his palm resting on his hair.

Chu Yu's limbs felt like they'd been bathing in a hot spring; soft, limp, and weak. His eyelids gradually became heavier.

He... was sucking Lu Shi's blood.

The moment Chu Yu's body collapsed, Lu Shi raised his hand and grabbed the waist of the person in his arms.

Allowing Chu Yu to lean on his right shoulder, Lu Shi looked down and found several bloody teeth marks on his left shoulder. A bit of crimson blood spilled out, and soon after, the marks began to solidify and heal at an extremely abnormal speed visible to the naked eye.

After he lay Chu Yu down on the smooth, flat stone, he looked again and the wound had already scabbed over.

Lu Shi gazed down at Chu Yu.

His soft, light brown hair hung down naturally, revealing his smooth and white forehead. He wasn't sleeping well. His eyelids and eyelashes were trembling lightly and his lips were still stained with rich blood.

As if an angel that had fallen into hell.

It was really... pleasant.

When Chu Yu opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was Lu Shi.

The rain outside hadn't lightened and was cascading down the walls like a waterfall, isolating the entire botanical garden from the world.

Lu Shi, in accordance with his habit, had his hands in his pockets and was staring at the glass wall, lost in thought. From Chu Yu's perspective, he could see the curvature of his jaw, his thin neck and shoulders, and the cool color of his skin beneath his open collar.

After watching him for a long time, Chu Yu uttered, "Lu Shi."

His throat clearly no longer felt numb, but Chu Yu's voice was surprisingly muted.

Lu Shi turned his head and looked down at Chu Yu, his expression nothing out of the ordinary.

Unable to find any fear or disgust in Lu Shi's eyes, Chu Yu turned to the side and his clenched fists slightly loosened subconsciously.