~Twenty five~

"Oruthi melae meendum maiyal aanen... Thozhiyae nee thoothu podi... Oruthi melae meendum kaadhal aanen... Thozhiyae nee thoothu podi..."

Ashwin sang whistling the beat while walking ahead to his apartment before his attention was started by the familiar figures standing infront of his door...

"Amma... Appa..." He rushed to his parents and took his mother into a surprised hug, "Maa eppo maa vandheenga... Enakku oru phone panni irukalaam la..." He asked pulling back from the hug and his mother rolled her eyes at him, "yen da solla maatta... Phone panna sonna mattum pathaathu... Adha attend um pannanum..."

She mocked looking at him who was inside his father's hands and Ashwin pulled back with a frown, "kuputeengala yenna..." Fishing his mobile out of his pockets he saw 12 missed calls from his mother and 8 from his father...

A hiss escaped his lips and he turned his gaze towards his mother with an apologetic smile receiving a deadly glare from her, "Maa naa sathyama gavanikala maa... Sorry maa sorry maa... Phone silent la irundhuchu maa... Sorry maa sorry maa... Sorry maa sorry maa..." He continued, engulfing her into a hug and his father chuckled at him who was getting hit by his wife...

"Selvi, podhum vidu maa... Avan thaan gavanikala nu sollraan la... Paravala..." Lakshmikanthan, his father tried to convince his mother who was wenting out her frustration and she turned to glare him, "ohhh ippo appudi aageeducha... Yenna mothama pulla pakkam saayureenga, munnalaam naa thaan ivanuku chellam koduthu kedukurenu sollittu iruppeenga ippo neenga yenna panreenga..."

Placing her hands over her waist she gazed the men infront of her and focused on Ashwin, "dho ivanuku enna vayasu aaguthu... Aana konjam kooda poruppe illa... Idhu varaikum oru kalyaanam panna sonna kooda mudiyaathunu Adam pudikuraan..." Hearing her actual reason Ashwin hurried to the door, "seri seri adha pathilaam aprom aa pesikalaam... Ippo vaanga ulla polaamm..."

He opened the door for them and took the bag from his father before rushing inside... "Paatheengala naa thaan sonnen la... Ivanuku konjam kooda poruppe illanu..." She started but her husband rushed to her grabbing her shoulders and stopped, "seri maa seri maa... Vidu.. Inga ninnu pesa venaam... Ennava irundhaalum ulla poyi pesikalaam... Sariya... Vaa..." Saying so he guided her inside and saw their son moving out of the room to the hall...

"Appa eppo vandheenga..." Ashwin asked sitting beside his father and his mother walked towards the kitchen to make some drinks... "Naanga Vandhu oru half an hour aageeduchu paa... Aama nee indha raathri nerathula enga poyirundha paa..."

"Aha adhu onnum illa paa... Oru ad shoot irundhuchu... Adha mudichitu vara late aageeduchu..." He lied and his father nodded... After a while, selvi came out with 3 glasses of juice... She served them and sat down on the single sofa, sipping the drink silently...

Ashwin knows the meaning behind her silence but didn't initiate a talk with her... They sipped the drink in silence with some little talks inbetween the father son duo... After that Ashwin insisted them to eat something but they refused saying they already had food from outside... Later his father excused himself from there to take some rest...

"Ashwin..." His mother's voice stopped him from moving to the kitchen and Ashwin turned to look at her, "Inga vaa... Unta konjam pesanum..." She called for him and he moved towards her with a hard gulp, "Maa..." He sat beside her and selvi turned to him side ways...

"Ashwin, nethu tharakar phone panni irundhaaru..." She started and Ashwin sighed, "Amma... please... " He let out a breath in pressure and she shook her head negatively, "illa Ashwin... Indha time nee endha saakum solla koodaathu... Podhum... Unna un ishttathuku vittu ippo nee ippudi thaniya nikkura varaikum podhum... Idhuku aprom naa idha anuvadhikka maatten..."