~Forty Nine~

"Maa... Ava elundhukka maattengura maa ..."

Ashwin winced entering the kitchen and saw his mother preparing coffee... "Adhuku yen da kathura... Innum konjam neram thoongattum vidu..." She said while boiling the milk... "Aama Ava coffee kudipaala.." she asked taking the coffee powder from the cabinet and Ashwin twisted his lips, "kudippa kudippa... Inga thaa Naa panren..."

Pulling the coffee powder from her hands he moved to the staw grumpily... "Nee poyi avala eluppu maa..." He said once again and his mother rolled her eyes... "deii adhaan sollren la Ava thoongattum da... Unakku yenna ippo ..." She sneered and he pouted shaking his head, "adhellam mudiyaathu thoongunathu podhum... Poyi eluppi vidu... Avala oru edathuku kooteetu ponum inaiku..."

He said and she snapped her head to him, "appo avala veetla vidra idea vey illaya unakku..." She asked bewildered and he grinned at her with a wink making her huff... "Poyii eluppu maa... Please..." He pleaded and she rolled her eyes, "ellam thalayezhuthu da..." Hitting her forehead she moved out and Ashwin chuckled...

His mother entered inside the room and saw sleeping shivangi before moving towards her... "Shivangii..." She calls softly and shivangi opened her red eyes, before sitting straight... When she was about to stand up his mother stopped her and took a seat infront of her... "Nalla thoonguniya da..." She asked and shivangi lowered her eyelids before nodding her head...

"Hmm paathaale theriyuthu..." The sarcasm was audible but shivangi refused to speak up and kept fidgeting with her fingers... "Seri vidu da... Nee poyi fresh ageetu va... Edhaachum saapudlaam..." She said and shivangi shook her head, "illa aunty... Adhellam onnum venaam... Naa veetuku kelamburen..." She said with a dried up voice and selvi denied it in no time...

"Appudilaam sonna eppudi... Adhellam mudiyaathu... Veetuku vandhuttu oru vaai saapudaama naanga eppudi maa unna anupurathu.." she shakes her head negatively and shivangi nodded a no, "illa aunty Paravala... Naa kelamburen please... Enakku anga konjam work irukku..." She tried to convince her but nothing seems accepted, "adhellam sonna onnum pathaathu... Olunga nee edhaachum saaptutu thaan kelambura... Puriyutha..." She said conditionally and shivangi sighed hard...

Nodding her head in defeat she kept silent and selvi caught her hands that was clasped together before calling her softly, "shivangi..." Hearing her voice shivangi titled her head up and gazed at her simply... Before his mother could speak of something the door was burst open by Ashwin who entered inside with two cup of coffee...

"Elundhutaala..." Ashwin's surprised voice was heard when shivangi shifted her gaze down... "Naa elupunappo mattum elundhukkave illa..." He sounds grumpy but she didn't speak anything... "Yenna madam.. nalla thoonguneengala..." He asked forwarding the cup and she got it from him before giving a nod in return...

Ashwin frowned when she refused to look at him and noticing his face changes his mother came as the rescue, "deii coffee kuduka thaana vandha... Adha koduthutaala... Ini yenna unaku Inga vela... Kelambu... Ava fresh up aagattum..." She said and Ashwin raised his eye brows, "appo nee mattum irukka..." He asked back and Selvi rolled her eyes...

"Naa iruppen da... Naanum neeyum onna... First uu kelambu..." She sneered and Ashwin twisted his lips, "Ava vandhathum romba thaan panra nee... Hmm paathukuren..." Saying so he moved to the door and walked out...

"Shivangi..." His mother called after a minute and shivangi looked upto her... "Nee yen ippudi irukkanu enakku puriyaama illa maa... Aana onne onnu sollikuren... endha oru prechanaikum thalli poratha othukki vaikuratho oru theervaageedaathu... Theervu venum na adhuku ore vazhi thaan irukku, manasu vittu pesurathu..."

She said and shivangi averted her eyes from her, "enakku puriyuthu, indha maari oru nilamaila Avan kitta moonji koduthu pesurathe unakku sangadama thaan irukkum... Aana... manasu vittu pesuna theraadha prechana nu edhuvumey illa maa... Evlo thaan kashtama irundhaalum, oru thadava pesi paapom nu mudivu edutha, kandippa adhuku oru theervu kedachurum..." She said caressing her palm and shivangi listened to her carefully...