~Forty seven~

"Ashwin..."

He heard her voice and titled his face to her side to see her leaning her head back to the seat with closed eyes... "Yenna aachu maa thala valikutha..." He asked slowing down and she didn't answered anything for a while making him confuse...

"Maa... Yenna aachu..." His voice sounds concerned but there was no response from her... Frowning to himself he stopped the car and turned to her, "shiv-" his voice stucks in the middle when he heard the little snores...

Moving a bit closer to her, he saw her face only to realise that she was sleeping... Unknowingly a soft chuckle escaped his lips, seeing her cute sleepy face but was quick enough to silence him as she may woke up...

Shaking his head he continued the ride and after an hour the car was stopped infront of his apartment... Removing his seat belt he turned to her side and leaned his head on the head rest... Looking at her, his face bloomed into a smile and his eyes traced her face from her forehead that was adorned with her tiny hair strands...

Her closed eyes and sharp nose with an even breathing... Her cheeks where slightly pink in colour due to the chillness of the night and his eyes darted to her soft pink lips... The gulp was audible and he shook his head with a smile before his hands moved to her, sweeping away the hair stands gently to the back of her earlobe...

"Mchh..."her soft winc was heard alone in the dark night with some creepy sounds of the birds... Smiling to himself he took off his hands from her and leaned his head on the steering wheel silently, while simply gazing at her sleeping...

An hour passed just by gazing at her sleeping and all the while his face was holding a small smile... Hours felt like minutes as he continued to watch her sleeping and when he realised that the time was pretty much late he decided to get inside...

Taking both their phones he slides it to his pockets and turned to take her bag but frowned seeing a tiffin box beside that... Taking it in his hands he saw a message attached to it... Opening the card he red the note as, "Give this to your Amma..." Frowning to himself Ashwin opening the box and was surprised to see the pallipalayam chicken that she made for the competition...

Snapping his head to her side he gazed her bewildered but she was so lost in the slumber... He took minutes to come out of the shock and a smirk formed on his face, "naa kekkurappo laam enna pudikaatha maari velagi velagi poytu, ippo nee senja dish aa en appa maa ku parcel panra alavuku aageeduchu la... Irudi paathukuren..."

Closing the box he placed that back into her hand bag and wore that on his shoulders before getting down... Moving to her side he gazed around for a moment, investigating for someone else's presence...

Sighing in relief he opened the door and unplugged her seat belt before lifting her with caution... So slow and steady, that he was literally so conscious in not to wake her up or disturb her sleep... Taking her in his arms successfully, he closed the door slowly before walking ahead...

He took the lift and fortunately there was no one in the way to his flat as it was already 2 past in the night... She was leaning her head on his chest and was gripping his neck while snuggling into that ... His grin was going wider and wider enjoying the moment and the butterflies started to dance across his digestive system...

When he was walking through the way, the airpod on his right ear got connected to a call and he whispers, "Amma kadhava thora, un marumaga vandhirukka..." The gasp was alone heard as a reply and when he stood infront of his house door, holding her in his arms the door was burst open by his mother...

The grinning face of his mother turned into horror when she found her son standing infront of her with her future daughter-in-law in his arms... She gasped closing her mouth and before she could shout he signed her to be silent, "satham podaatha maa, Ava thoongura..." He mumbled and selvi blinked her eyes in shock...