Paralyzed

Just that one name... it haunted me for my entire life.

I stopped and lost my balance and leaned against the lockers. God I felt so dizzy, it is just the most terrifying feeling ever, I have to get some fresh air. I haven't heard that name in a while...

I walked outside... I felt like I was suffocating in there. I was shaking for no apparent reason, what the hell...

"I know it wasn't him... but why do I feel so frightened?" I mumbled to myself.

And then I felt a sudden tap on my shoulder.

I screamed.

I was shaking so much, I was terrified and scared...

"Whoa hey, its just me." Jay said.

As soon as I saw him, I don't know why the fuck I did this, but I kinda hugged him. I KNOW, I KNOW CRINGY TO THE CORE. I HATE MYSELF TOO. I don't know it was just out of fear! God, kill me now.

"I'm sorry but please just stay like this for a bit longer..." My voice was quiet, like I was scared.

When I shouldn't be.

I wasn't even thinking.. I just did it. I just felt like I needed someone, anyone. I don't really have any friends...

I'm the type of person to really shut everyone out, even as a kid. I would just be a little shit to everyone, and I couldn't control myself. I guess, it was my way of self-defense...

To stop constantly getting hurt, because my past -- even before my best friend --- was very dark. I hate even thinking about it, I hardly have any good memories. People in my life would either, hate me, disappeared, or even... die.

Jay started patting my head. I'm not a dog asshole.

"You know if we keep this up any longer, I'll kiss you." Jay said.

I shoved myself off of him immediately.

"Ew, never would I ever like someone like you. Hmph, oh please. I am way out of your league." I gloated.

"Yeah, I'm not into little boys, myself." Jay smirked.

"Hey!" I glared, "Whatever at least I am not a hair-obsessed freak."

"Am not... I just happen to stop at every mirror I see, and I look good as always." Jay said.

"I can't even believe the mirror doesn't break into a million pieces after you step into its reflection." I scoffed.

"Shut up, little boy." Jay smirked.

"Look fuck-face, can you get out of my face for once?" I yelled at him, I am so sick and tired of his fucking ego. Who the hell does he think he is? The prince of this city? As if.

Then again there's me... makes me a hypocrite, but uh... I don't care whatsoever, that's just how I am.

"You hugged me!" Jay yelled back.

Seriously, the nerve of this guy. "I swear to god you are so annoying, Jay." I rolled my eyes.

"Wait.. isn't that Leonardo DiCaprio?" Jay squinted his eyes and stared off behind me.

I was so confused, why the hell- I looked back.

"No he is-"

Out of my surprise, this guy carries my by the legs and runs away with me,

"Let me go!" I started to punch his back, "Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh."

I gave up trying to get him to put me back down.

"Dear Lord, when I said I wanted prince charming to lift me off my feet.. I didn't mean the evil witch." I prayed to the skies.

"Ha ha, very funny. Do you want me to throw you off this bridge? Besides we have business to attend." Jay said.

"Whoa, whoa, wait. How deep is the water?" I asked.

"So you do want me to throw you off? Suit yourself." Seconds later he lifts up on the ledge, "Now, do you want me to push you off?"

"Whatever, put me down. I was joking. Dick..." I mumbled then glared at him.

"Doesn't sound too convincing, I might as well just.." Jay slightly pushes my leg.

My foot slipped off the edge...

"No!" I screamed, "I can't swim that well.. and the water is moving fast.. Hurry and put me down!"

I can swim, but I'm just using excuses.

He laughed, wow he can smile... this is the first, "Alright." He said.

It was like time stopped, I was all tense from being someplace I can possible fall... a cold, huge gust of wind carried me with it, the ledge itself was unstable. Not even Jay was able to help me on time, and I fell into the icy river water.

"Sam!" Jay yelled.

I fell deep into the water. It was hard to see, I can't swim because of how fast the river was going. I couldn't breathe or move.

My body felt numb. I couldn't feel my arms or legs. It felt as if I was going to die... sounds dramatic, but honestly? I wish it was my time.