Runaway

Zoe's POV

I was worried sick. I was in constant fear of Sam and Jay being hurt. I called Amber and then Kevin to tell them what happened. I just feel like they can serve more justice than the police would, besides... the police probably wouldn't know where to start when finding them, also who knows when they will.

I was walking frantically around in Elliot's room. They didn't want me to get caught by Victor, so they made me stay here for now.

"I-I wanna leave! I have to do something." Tears kept falling down my face.

"Hey, hey." Elliot put his hands on my shoulder, "They will be okay."

I sniffled, "It's stuffy in here."

I turned around and opened up his balcony door.

I sighed and prayed, "It's been 4 years... it's been only a few months since I last got to see my family again. That can all change in a matter of minutes."

Elliot opened up the door minutes later.

"Hey, I got you water." He set the cup, which was beside me, on the ledge.

"Thanks." I grabbed the glass and drank some water.

We watched the sunset.

I haven't gotten a call, a text, they haven't showed up yet, or anything.

I'm getting paranoid.

"I-" we both said.

"You go first sorry." Elliot said.

"Oh, I just wanted to say that I really can't stand the quietness." I chuckled.

"Hey, I'm here if you wanna talk. Don't be afraid, it's Sam and Jay. They will be okay. Trust me. I know Jay, he won't go down without a fight." He smiled.

I smiled back, "Sam is strong too. Same with Amber and Kevin." I sighed, "Let's talk about something else."

I leaned over on my elbow, and the wind blew by.

"How are you and Bianca? It must suck having to be in a long distance relationship." I said.

He walked beside me, "It was, but I realized that I'm the type of guy who would want to keep their girl close. Besides, Bianca was too far for me to reach her, it wasn't fair for both of us."

"What do you mean?" I looked at him.

"I let her go." He said.

I was shocked, "But, you two seemed so in love, not that I really understand what's it's like to be in love, but-"

"We've been dating longer than you think." He chuckled, "I just happened to announce it to everyone when we went there."

"How long?"

"For a few years... can't exactly remember much if I'm honest." He said.

"I don't have much life experience, but someday I really want to experience life more, like the cliché stuff. To fall in love, have a sweet sixteen -- even though it's too late now -- watch my sister get married, watch her kids grow up, and much more... Most of those things won't happen." I admitted.

"I actually always wanted to ask you this, and I hope you don't mind me asking." Elliot said.

I laughed, "Go ahead, I really don't have much to hide."

"When you escaped from that bastard, up until now... you don't seem like you're-"

"Traumatized?" I finished his sentence.