Living Dead

Victor Gomez, the one and only murderer of my best friend, loves me?

I started to laugh then I got serious, "Quit giving me that bullshit Victor."

I'm not crazy or anything, but I know that he was lying. What sick and twisted person that loves you, would ruin your life?

"You're very cute Sam, you grew up to be a fine young woman. But you saw right through me, clever girl aren't you?" He said.

"What is your motive? What the hell do you want from me?" I said.

He grabbed my chin, "I want you Sam, but I'm assuming you don't want to have anything to do with me."

"Damn right I don't." I slapped him.

"Darling... You shouldn't have done that." He grabbed me by the neck and lifted me off my feet.

I couldn't breathe, I was struggling to get out of his grip. Then I kicked him really hard in the stomach with my heels. That was when he let go and I fell to the ground. I backed up on the ground, and then quickly stood up and ran away.

I left the church and tried to find Amber. I looked everywhere for her and I couldn't find her.

Damnit Amber! Where is she?

I was panicking... And then someone covered my mouth from behind and dragged me to the back of the church.

Like is nobody seeing this right now? What happened to everyone?

"Scream and I'll hurt you." Was the voice that I always hated to hear, "I mean poor old Amber could, I don't know, die sooner or later."

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her. She has a fucking family you piece of shit." I said.

"Or maybe that pretty boy I've been seeing you with so much." He grinned.

He knows about Jay? No, then that means..

"You know where I am don't you?" I asked.

He laughed, "Well, I know things many people don't. And like I said, I don't want to hurt you. You are very valuable to me."

"How? What am I, some kind of precious gem?" I said.

I need to know what his true motive is... Why is he out to get me? What does he want? He took it far enough, once he killed Zoe...

"You're more than that sweetie. You just have no idea how lucky you are." He said.

Lucky? You call my shitty life lucky? If this is what it means to be lucky then I don't want to be lucky at all...

"What is it that you want? Stop with the secrecy, and just tell me." I said.

"Oh but I'm not the only one keeping secrets." He said.

"What the hell do you mean?" I asked.

"Your friend Jay is hiding something very important from you..." He said.

Jay...? Is a hiding a important secret from me? What could it be? It can't be that important... Can it?

"How do I know your not lying?" I asked.

He chuckled, "Oh my dear Sam... Times like this, when do I lie?"

I don't understand him at all! He's too hard to read.

"Do you know the secret?" I asked.

He grinned, "I know absolutely everything... From your days paralyzed at the hospital to right now, at this funeral."

Fucking creep. He's a crazy stalker! I'm no longer safe anywhere... But now he says he didn't want to kill me.

"You're a psycho." I said, "Why don't you just kill me already? What the hell do you want me for?"

"Don't be so harsh on yourself. The fun has just begun." He said.

Then he finally let go of me... And started walking back. I turned around to watch him disappear in front of my eyes.

"You know, you call me a murderer... And yet I haven't killed anyone." He said.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I was confused.

And then he grinned... And disappeared somewhere.

I didn't understand at all, he killed Zoe. I saw her die right in front of my eyes.

I decided to leave the church, I called an uber and drove back to Jay's house... Not sure if they are home, but I don't want to stay there any longer.

After seeing Victor again... It makes me want to shoot myself.

If only I had strangled him right then and there! If only I could have done something! God I hate myself!

I started hitting my head, I was so frustrated at him, but mostly myself. I couldn't do anything... Not without Amber. I was scared. I couldn't even run for help when I was inside the church. I'm so stupid.

I called up Amber and told her everything.

Apparently almost everyone had left to eat out right after the funeral. It was Patricia that came up with the idea. Jay and his friends went.

While Amber left because of work... I was all alone.

I decided to go back to Jay's place, but once I got there, there was someone at the door.

"Excuse me?" I called them out.

They turned around and it was...

"Morgan?" I said, "What the hell are you doing here?"

She smiled, "Sam... I came to deliver this to you." She showed me this huge bag.

"Deliver what?" I raised an eyebrow.

This is so weird, my older sister is doing something for me? No this has to be a set up or something. I don't believe that my sister is actually being caring.

"It's your wedding dress." She said.

"Oh my god." I started walking off.

"Wait Sam. Please, I really just want to talk to you. I don't care about the wedding. Mom wanted me to get this to you, when I was already coming over." She said.

"Ok..."

"Can we head inside?" She asked.

I moved passed her looking confused, and then I got out the key that Kristen gave to me and unlocked the front door.

I set down the keys onto the table, I headed towards the living room where we sat down.

I sat down onto the couch and Morgan sat down on the one across from me, "So what do you want?" I asked.

"Actually there has been something I've been wanting to tell you. So so badly. Then I realized that Victor came back... And he might get in the way." She said.

What the hell..? Is she scared of Victor?

"Sam, you are the reason why I came back. There is something very important I have to tell you. You won't believe me at first, but I think your friend Jay also knows." She said.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I ran into him earlier before you, he just left the house with some girls." She said.

Some girls? Probably Patricia and some other girls that followed him.

"I told him I had something important to tell you once you got here. I told him what I was going to tell you. And to be honest, he didn't seem shocked when I told him." Morgan explained.

"Just hurry and get to the point." I got impatient.

"I swear on my life that what I am saying is true." She said.

I nodded.

"Zoe Royce is still alive."