Smoke

I didn't know what to do or feel. I wanted to be alone. I left my parents house as soon as possible, I didn't even bother to hesitate. Kevin had asked me if I wanted a drive back. But I wanted to walk even in the rain. I didn't want to burden him. He's done so much.

I walked all the way to Jay's house while listening to music with my headphones. I felt more calm.

I arrived at Jay's house but I didn't see his car. Maybe it's in the garage? I knocked on the door and Kristen opened it.

She looked like she was crying.

"Sam?" She sniffles, "Oh my god... Come inside! It's cold."

I walk inside drenched in water. Shit. I guess I have to mop this up.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"I'm sorry." She began to cry, "It's just that our mom just..."

She stopped talking and crouched to the ground sobbing. What happened to their mom?

"It's ok, you don't have to say anything if you don't want to. Is Jay home?" I asked.

She sniffles, "No, he hasn't been home yet. I thought he was with you."

"I was back at my house... He stormed off somewhere, I don't know where." I said.

"Oh my god... What if he.." Kristen starts to panic.

"What if he what? Is Jay ok?" I asked.

"No... Our mother died today." Kristen voice shook, "Jay was so attached to our mother, I'm pretty sure he has it worse than me." She then stood back up.

My eyes widen in shock, "But this morning..."

"Yeah. I don't know what happen. They said she went on cardiac arrest... and didn't survive. Which doesn't make sense! She was fine earlier." She cried.

"I'm so sorry.. I'll go find Jay. I just need a quick shower... and a car." I said.

Kristen walked over to a table and took her car keys.

"Here. Take these. It's my black Ferrari, it was my first car and I hardly use it. It's yours." She said.

"What? No no. I can't have your car. I'll borrow it, but I can't keep it." I said.

I don't like luxurious things. I'm not like that. All I need is things that comfort me.

"No. It's yours, consider it as an early birthday gift." She said.

"What?"

"Jay kept asking me what he should get you for your birthday, I heard it was after Jay's birthday." She said, "So here. Take it, go find Jay please... I don't want him to get drunk and attempt to commit suicide." She handed me the keys.

"Thank you... so so much. I actually think of you as a sister. My two older sisters never treated me as a sister." I admitted.

She has been so kind. How can I pay her back?

"They don't deserve you." She said, "Now hurry and shower then go find Jay... before it's too late."

I smiled and ran upstairs to my room. I took a quick shower and changed my clothes. I went downstairs and told Kristen 'Goodbye.' I opened the garage and looked for the Black Ferrari.

Holy shit, she has so many cars. Even a pink Ferrari! What the fuck?? She is certainly daddy's little girl.

I saw the black Ferrari and unlocked it.

Oh if you didn't know, I can actually drive. I just don't have a license. Yeah I'm kind of a rebel. I was practicing driving with Kevin when I was like 13.