Tidal Wave | 4 |

Zoe's POV

I woke up, hand on my head as I sat up. The ray of sunshine glared right into my eyes, as I looked away from the window, I noticed that Elliot was gone.

My heart sank just a little when I realized he was gone. But it just made me realize the horror of what had just happened.

"Oh my gosh! Zoe!" I whisper yelled at myself while messing up my hair out of frustration.

"How can you do this!? Am I crazy!?" I kept telling myself.

Crap, what is Sam gonna think? Oh my gosh, do I even tell her?

But more importantly... what does Elliot think?

How can I be so stupid?!

Immediately I grabbed all of my clothes from off the ground and ran into the bathroom to change.

My head was in full panic mode. As I looked at myself in the mirror, all I could remember was last night. 

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. My face turned so red. We really had sex??????? No, this can't be. We were just friends. I mean... I know deep down. I was in love with Elliot. What does this mean? I think this was purely a mistake. He just broke up with his ex. We were tipsy. We simply got caught up in the moment. Yeah that's it. 

I sighed, "Why out of all people, it had to be you?" I whispered to myself.

I washed my face and headed out. 

Is he even home? 

As I opened the door, I smelled something delightful. 

Elliot was in the kitchen making pancakes and eggs. 

"Hey..." I smiled as I sat at the kitchen island. 

This is so difficult. To look into his pretty green eyes early in the morning and wonder what the hell he was thinking about. Is he thinking about me? If so, what about me?

"Morning." He smiled back, "You like blueberry?"

"Of course, who wouldn't." I grinned, "Have you seen Sam and Jay yet?"

"Not yet, I think they are still asleep. Jay enjoys sleeping in, until the afternoon." He said.

"Huh, Sam too. They are truly a match made in heaven." I laughed.

He whipped out a plate and placed 3 beautiful pancakes and scrambled eggs for me. 

"Thanks, you are too sweet." I smiled, but underneath this smile was hiding my anxiety. 

"Not always." He mumbled, but I couldn't hear him too well.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Nothing." He smiled as he walked over next to me to eat his breakfast.

"So... um... about last night." I mentioned it. Oh god, I am so stupid. I can't believe I'm really gonna talk about it.

"Zoe. I have to apologize." He said.

I was really shocked to hear those words, "For what?" 

"I felt like I took advantage of you. It wasn't right." 

"Oh my god, Elliot. No, no, not at all. We were both at fault, I guess you could say. Please do not blame yourself. I came onto you, not the other way around." I said.

"Maybe we should put this behind us." He said.

Once I heard that, I just knew it wasn't what I wanted to hear. It hurt me a lot, but naturally I would just run away from the situation so I did again.