Past

It's been a long time... it's almost the end of the month by now. I've been staying at the hospital, alone. I didn't let Kevin know and I told Amber not to come. I haven't seen Jay since, and I won't ever see him, again. Even during school, I have to stay away, or else I'll be a hindrance in his life. Trust me, I've been a nuisance in everyone's life. I'm unnecessary. As for my legs, I'm able to feel my legs again, but I have to take rehab. I'm a bit wobbly. Now that I can move again, I can finally get out of the hospital. That's great isn't it? Not really, that means I have to go home. Back to hell I go.

I walked downstairs to get check out of the hospital.

I guess, I'll walk home, rather I should go walk around the other side of town. To the creek. Oddly it's getting cold, I can almost see my breath. Weird since we live in California, it's always hot.

I walked slowly to the other side of town to a creek.

This is where me and Zoe would hang out, a small creek it wasn't pretty or anything. It was by this empty road and across from it was just a field that lead to some houses. It was a creek you could jump down to and play in it. It might be disgusting but it was fresh water that came in. It was so simple, I love things that way. It brings me back good memories. Zoe and I when we were younger would play around and talk then start laughing at the dumbest things ever.

I sat down on the edge of the creek.

Too bad, we can no longer experience such things anymore. Tragic. I closed my eyes for a moment and laid back onto the small patch of grass that laid beside the creek. I began to remember the days that we hung out together. Especially the last day of school of 5th grade.

Flashback

"Sam!" Zoe yelled from across the hallway, running towards me.

"Oh my god, it's Zoe." I closed my locker shut.

"FINALLY OUT OF ELEMENTARY SCHOOL! We are the big kids now!" she grinned.

"No way, we're already the older kids, and the fucking best ones that's for sure." I said.

"Oh crap.." Zoe said.

"No cursing, that shit is fucking bad." I joked.

"Ha. Ha. Ha, so funny Sam, but I'm trying to be a much better person. Instead of reading once everyday, I'm going to read twice." she smiled.

"Wow, you're such a freak." I giggled, then walked out into the big hallway.

"Sam! Wait for me!" Zoe caught up to me.

I stopped at the door, "Kevin... He's already here." I sighed.

"Why so sad? Oh come on! Kevin is a cool old man." she smiled.

"Yeah but he can be a pain in the butt. One time I didn't do my science fair project for two days, and he took away my fricking TV!" I pouted, "Boy was I so angry, my stupid parents didn't say anything about it either!"

"That's probably a good thing, who knows maybe it was for the best... But hey you can always come to my place and watch TV with me, Amber, and Victor!" Zoe got excited.

"Ugh Victor, I don't like your step-brother. He's such a bully. I fricking hate him. There's something off about him. I can't put my finger on it..." They walked outside to the bike rack.