Between Black & White

She knew Zoe...? I can't believe it.

"Zoe...? Y-you knew her?" I put my head down. I couldn't look at anyone in the eye. It's hard to talk about Zoe.

"Yes... and I'm so sorry about her." She said.

I took a deep breathe, "Yeah... Me too. I'm sorry about her too."

I sighed, "How... Did you know her?" I asked.

I didn't know much of her outside life with others, but I knew everything else. I wish I was able to know her life outside of our lives. Too bad.. I'll never know.

"Her mother, I was great friends with her mother. When I met Zoe she was only talking about you." She said.

"How come I've never met her?" Jay asked.

"You were too busy trying to hit on older girls, besides you never been to their house." She said.

What a coincidence...

"Wow how typical of you Jay." I scoffed.

"Hey, I was very good at getting girls even in middle school." Jay said.

"Yeah with that high pitched voice, you for sure got all those high school girls." I grinned.

His mother laughed, and then Jay got a message.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Elliot, apparently we have to head to school, something about a new vice principal?" Jay said, "Yeah we are gonna have a pep rally, which is so stupid."

"Oh god... Do we have to go?" I asked.

"Elliot said to not leave him abandon and there is something important going on... or else he will release those photos- ok we are heading back to school." Jay said.

"What photos?" His mom asked him.

"Yeah Jay... What photos?" I raised my eyebrow and smirked.

"I don't know what photos." Jay denied, "Well we will see you later mom." He kissed his mom goodbye.

I looked at him with disgust.

"What? Do you want a kiss too?" Jay grinned.

"No way in hell would I want to kiss you." I said then turned around and walked out.

"Wait Jay!" His mom said, "There is something I need to tell you... Before you leave."

Jay walked and leaned over his mom, and she then whispered in his ear. After she said what she said his eyes were wide in shock..

What did she say to him?

He walked out almost speechless.

"What did she say?" I asked.

"Uh.. Nothing, it was just that.. That she was wishing me an early happy birthday." He said.

Oh yeah his birthday is tomorrow.. I kind of forgot. How typical of me.

After that we left the hospital and drove straight to school. Well actually I kind of made him stop at the gas station to get me some food.