Wilting Rose

It's been a few months... My life has been the best. I've lived my life to the fullest.

It's morning and today is Jay's mothers funeral. It took a while for this to be arranged. I heard it was going to be very beautiful, but really sad.

I wore a black today, but not a dress. I'm not a dress kind of girl. Come to think of it I'm probably never gonna wear a dress.

I walked down stairs and I saw both Jay and Kristen sitting in their living room wearing all black. Kristen has a full skirt dress with a black lace top, and also black ankle strapped platforms.

While Jay cleaned up really nicely.

Kristen looked up at me first, "You ready?"

"Uh yup." I said.

Jay turned around and looked at me weird.

"What's wrong with your face?" I asked.

"You're wearing that?" He said.

I looked down at my outfit.

"What's wrong with it?" I said.

"You're not gonna wear a dress?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No, I don't do dresses."

"You look stupid." Jay scoffed.

"I'm not there to impress your deceased mother. I'm there to send my condolences." I said.

"Whatever. Let's just go." He said.

He seems really upset... Maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh. God I'm an idiot.

We all walked out of the front door. Kristen took her car and I rode with Jay.

Then just before I got into the car...

"Sometimes I really think you're just like a guy. Then again you do have a boy's name." Jay said.

Uh excuse me??

We both got into the car and Jay started the engine.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"What? Why would you ask that?" He replied.

Jay pushed onto the gas and started driving.

We all woke up early because the funeral location is quite far. It was about an hour away. And apparently it was where his mother was raised...

It's funny... Yet sad.

It is where she first saw light and now this is where she sees the final light.

We drove for an hour very quietly.

I don't like this actually... I know it's a sad day, but come on it is a beautiful day. You're lucky... You had people love you. It's not that fair..

"You know if you want to talk... You can talk to me." I said.

He sighs, "There's nothing to talk about."

I sighed back... And then we finally arrived to the funeral home.

Already many people were here. Jay's mother must have been really loved. It's kinda weird how some of the guys at our school is here. Elliot was here and their friends. Even... Patricia.

We got out of the car and then Patricia rushed towards Jay.

"Jay! My poor baby!" She jumped into his arms and gave him a hug.

Gross... I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine Patricia. Thank you." Jay smiled at her.