His Month

Jay's POV

My two months in Italy was a disaster.

It's like... I don't know, it felt strange not to tease Sam. We couldn't keep in contact at all. I really like her and all, but it isn't the same without her. If I'm honest. I have no idea what could be happening back home. I swear if someone at our school hits on her, I'll hurt a motherfucker.

Meanwhile as soon as I arrived to Italy I had no idea what to expect. We headed for Rome.

"Jay." My father said.

"What?" I growled.

He sighed, "Once we get there you will meet my business partner. Then we will go to our hotel, rest for a while then get fitted to dress up nicely and go out for lunch."

I scoffed, "Just great." I drank some whiskey I had set on the table.

Yeah I started drinking young, but who gives a shit?

I'm legal somewhere.

I'm just exhausted. I never intended for any of this to happen, I'm missing my last few months with all my friends, just to please my deadbeat father.

It was like 7 in the morning in Italy, it's midnight back in the states. I didn't want to even leave the plane. I wanna go home, I don't care if I'm in another country, this ain't fair.

We landed and I got out really slowly, my dad got out first.

I got out of the plane and the city lights were astonishing, I like it, but it doesn't mean I wanna stay.

I sighed, I need another drink. I can't stand not having at least one friend here. I'm not the type of guy to simply make friends that easily.

I met the guy my dad wanted to meet, it was pretty lame.

"Romano Fava, this is my son. Jay." He said, "Jay this is my business partner, you will be seeing a lot more of him and his daughter."

"Yes that is right, you two will officially meet next week on Tuesday. My daughter has to study for her exam so she can become a doctor. That would be the only time she is available, but 3 days after Tuesday you two will have your first date." That Italian guy explained.

Gee, a smart bitch. I hope she's at least somewhat interesting, not some nerd. But really I don't care, because no one is as interesting as Sam Matthews.

She's still a mystery 'til this day.

"Uh ok." I scoffed I started walking towards the car.

"Jay please." My dad said.

I looked over at my dad then back at the dude, I faked smiled.

Then I kept walking and sat inside the car. I kept looking at my phone, I don't like going on trips where I can't have that much fun. My dad has probably planned out every single day for me.

"You don't plan on contacting your friends are you? You know that if you do your friends-"

"Shut it. I know." I gritted my teeth.

He just knows how to push someone's buttons. I wonder where the hell my real dad is, under all that business crap.

I put in some headphones and looked out the window. There was hardly any people at night, but for some reason it was still lively.