High Skies

Jay's POV the past week

After my date with Patricia I think she now sees me as a new man. A manly guy. I'm quite confident although I can never tell what she is thinking. We are currently walking home together.. I don't feel as nervous.. odd.

"How's school Jay?" Patricia smiled.

"It's been alright I guess, I've always been bored when I came but now ever since Sam came I had a new interest at that school." I said.

It's true, it's always been the same old thing. It was cool when she came, even though she was a bitch.

"Sam Matthews? Correct?" she said.

"Yeah her." I said.

"Very interesting." she said, "it sounds like she made a difference in your life. Has she?"

Made a difference in my life?

"Huh, I don't know. I haven't really thought about it much.. I mean sure, but not as much as you did." I smiled.

"Did I? Did I really?" she asked.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Have I really made a difference in your life?" she asked.

"Yes, yes you have. You fucking saved me from a horrific car accident. If it weren't for you, I would be dead. Patricia.." I grabbed her hands, "You mean so much to me."

"Jay.." she tried to pull her hands away.

"No Patricia. There is something I have to say, ever since that day.. I-"

"Don't say it." she said.

Patricia pulled her hands away from me again.

"Don't you dare say it." she said, "You have been drinking too much. Let's get you home."

"What? No! What the fuck Patricia, no! I'm trying to tell you that I-"

"NO!" she yelled, "Fucking stop this nonsense Jay."

Patricia turned her head away. Not even trying to look me in the eyes...

"I think it's time to go our separate ways, goodbye Jay." she left.

I shrank to the ground.

What did I do that was so wrong? Does she think I'm lying.. or does she not love me? I looked up at the sky.

Are you seeing the beautiful sky like I am? Sam?

A week passes by and life for me was very miserable.

"Jay wake the fuck up, breakfast is downstairs!" my older sister yelled.

"Shut up!" I yelled covering my ears with my pillow.

"Do you want me to come up there myself bitch!?" she yelled back.

"Fuck off, I'm not in the damn mood." I said.

Since that day I couldn't sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about Patricia... I feel a bit broken. I'm still a man though, real men don't cry.

Kristen kicked my door open.

"Jay.. if you don't come downstairs, I'll burn your dick off with the scrambled eggs." she had an evil smile on her face.

"I'll be there soon." I said, I don't know how I feel anymore. Maybe I should just go to a party with my boys.

"Jay? What's wrong? Did Patricia dump you?" Kristen snickered.

"Shut up..." I sat up from my bed.