Love, Mom |2|

Before we left to New York in the morning, we found letters at the front door.

It said 'Jay' and another for 'Kristen,' hmm weird. It didn't have a returning address or anything, just their house.

"What's this?" Jay wondered, "Kristen! Get your bitch-ass out here! You got fucking mail!"

"Jesus, you wanna talk louder? I don't think the kids in Alaska heard you." I said.

"Maybe I will." He stuck out his tongue at me.

Kristen came out the front door, "What is it?" She wrapped her robe around her waist.

"This." Jay handed her the envelope.

They looked at each other briefly then opened the mysterious letters.

Kristen slightly gasped, "No... way. But how-"

"It's from mom..." Jay said.

Jay began reading aloud.

Flashback to Jay's Mom at the Hospital

Jay, Kristen.

I'm writing to you just after you both left, and after I awoke from my coma

I'm writing to you just after you both left, and after I awoke from my coma. It saddens me to tell you this but I am not gonna be here much longer. I'll be writing to you in advance, but you will receive it long after I go. For this reason is that if you knew too early on, it will put you in even more danger. So, I hope by the time you get this, it's already over. But I'll tell you everything now, for it's been too long.

First things first is that I love you two more than anything else in the whole world. When your father left, you two stayed by my side the whole way. I'd remember you two as kids when we all went to the park together, as a whole family. Back when we were all happy.

Flashback to the Park

"Mom!" Jay said running towards the swings, "Look at what I can do!"

He jumps on the swing seat and swings himself while standing.

"Oh yeah!" Kristen yelled, "Dad! Look at what I can do!" Kristen hops onto the swing and jumps off while swinging.

"Ha! Beat that you little roach!" Kristen said to Jay.

"Show off!" Jay stuck his tongue out at her.

I began laughing, "Look at them Gordon..."

He chuckled and put his arm around my shoulder.

"I'll do buy some ice cream." Gordon left to go to a nearby ice cream truck.

It was a sunny bright day, even though we were technically in the wintertime. We wore light jackets that day. The breeze help us cool down from the hot sun.

Gordon came back with ice cream for everyone. He got Kristen her favorite, strawberry and chocolate swirl, Jay with his vanilla cone (he likes his ice cream plain with sprinkles), for me a watermelon shaped popsicle, and for him just good old chocolate dipped vanilla cone.