Heartbeat

What is taking Jay so long? Either way.. Patricia Gold.. where have I heard that before? I know Patricia but that specific name Patricia Gold, it brings back a faint memory. I can't put my finger on it, but oh well..

"Why.. are they back?" I stuttered.

It actually hurts to hear how they are back, both Kendall and Morgan said to me they had better things to do than watch me grow up. They are only back to come see my parents I guess.. I haven't seen them in almost 7 years.

"I don't know really, all I know is that Kendall is getting an arranged marriage. Forced by your parents." Amber said.

"I see.. does she want to get married?" I took a sip of my drink, I don't get it. My parents never wanted them to be with someone they wanted them to be independent.. I guess. What changed their minds?

"That is the thing. Kendall has a fiancée already, and your parents arranged the marriage without her consent. That is why Kendall came back. I'm not so sure about Morgan though, she is definitely a mystery." she said.

Jay came walking back to the table we were sitting at.

"Yo, Sam. I've paid your bill, and since I came in second place I would also like an award from you." he smirked.

I scoffed, "Oh please. Like what?"

Slowly Jay got closer to my face.

"A kiss perhaps?" he smiled.

"Yeah right-"

Out of nowhere Jay kissed my forehead...

"I should be leaving now, I promised my guys I'll go to a party with them. I'll see you later Sam." he winked then left.

My face feels hot for some reason.. am I getting a fever? It happened as soon as he kissed me.. Gross. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Oh my god." Amber said, "SAM! I don't believe what I just saw!"

"What?" I said.

"You are most definitely blushing. How cute, little Sam is becoming an adult." she said.

"Or she could be getting a fever." Kevin said.

"Thank you Kevin, I'm feeling a bit hot.." I said, Jesus.. why do I feel so fucking flustered? It's probably just a minor thing.. it will go away eventually.

Amber grabbed the handles of my wheelchair and started walking.

"What are you doing?" I looked disgusted, "Kevin.. direct us to my room please."

"Very well, ma'am." he said.

"What is with your face? Still haven't grown out of your bitch phase haven't you? Don't worry I'll help you get back on your feet. You know why?" she said so confidently.

"Why?" I said in monotone.

"I'm your therapist." she said.

"Wait what?" I asked, "Kevin did you know about this? Is that why you were so late?"

"I apologize ma'am, I did tell her that you were paralyzed, but I did not know she was going to be your therapist." he said.

"But wait, I just got paralyzed today.. so how were you able to find out so quickly? And why did Amber come with you?" I asked.

"It's a long story but I'll tell you instead Sam." Amber said, "I called him to pick me up at the airport."

"But he's my butler.. Kevin? What the fuck have you been doing behind my back?" I raised my eyebrow.