The day after the night before (2/2)

TAYLOR POV

I was so excited for my friends to come over so I could tell them my big news. They had all agreed to come over at 4pm for tea and I was on my way back with Adam from the grocery store where I had stocked up on baking supplies and champagne. I was planning to make a variety of cookies to go with tea and champagne (since it's a celebration and everything).
Adam agreed to leave before they got here so it would just be a girls' afternoon, but he was helping me make the cookies first. Well actually he was sitting with the cats at the breakfast bar eating cookie dough while I baked. He even posted a Snapchat of him eating chocolate chip cookie dough.... bound to make the fandom crazy as usual.

ADAM POV

Taylor was being her normal adorable self, fussing about which cookies to make and how best to tell her friends. I was glad she was so excited. Yesterday may have been one of the most nerve wracking days of my life. I knew she was thinking about marriage- at least 3 of her best friends were either recently married or engaged- but I didn't know how she'd react to it. I had realized she was most likely to say yes if it was intimate, just the two of us at home not in public or around any fans.
My parents were very excited by the prospect of their 'little boy' finally getting married at 33 years old. They love Taylor, always asking when she's going to come home to Scotland next.

It was 3.30pm and I had to head out soon so the girls could chat and celebrate.... but I was stalling because I wanted to spend as much time with Tay as possible.

"OK. I'm going to get changed and when I come back you WILL be gone, OK? I will see you later when the girls are gone or whatever. I'll let you know! Bye babe!" Taylor said, giving me a way-too-short kiss and flitting upstairs.

I sighed and got my jacket on to leave. I had made last minute plans with a couple of collaborators to finalise some plans for my next album.

TAYLOR POV

I really didn't want Adam to go but knew that if he was here it would be harder to keep the engagement a surprise. I was wearing a sweater dress with my ring reluctantly placed in the pocket so the girls didn't notice it until I wanted them to.

I heard the doorbell ring and went down to let the girls in. We all went into the living room, with everyone taking their regular seats. It was pretty cool that all my friends had their favorites seats in my living room, and that they felt comfortable enough to just sit down and start chatting.

"So what's up Tay? Why did you get us all together? Not saying it's weird, but it kind of is..." Karlie said.

" What? I just thought that since loads of people were in the city thus weekend it would be nice to get together.... " I tried to sound as convincing as possible.

"OK....it was just last minute. Usually you're so...um.... organized?" Martha added.

I just laughed and shrugged my shoulders while getting up to get the tea from the kitchen. As I walked back I froze hearing Ellie talking.

"Apparently Adam changed his event dates in Las Vegas.... but he's not here.... I thought he'd be here if he wasn't there......" Ellie said

"Oh no! I hope nothing bad is going on between them!" Selena added

"OK everyone... Let's try to make this as relaxed as possible. Maybe Taylor needed to get her mind off it all, it WOULD explain the last minute nature of this tea." Lena said

I had to try so hard to stop myself from laughing as I re-entered the living room.

"So Taylor, how's the recording stuff going?" Martha asked

"It's going so well!! I love being in the studio and writing everything out. Recently I've just had so much on my mind, especially now." I replied, smiling at them.

"Why especially now?" Selena asked slowly.

This was it. I carefully put my ring back on then started serving the tea out.

"Oh you know. This and that." I said.

"TAYLOR SWIFT! WHAT THE HECK IS ON YOUR HAND?" Ella shouted making everyone jump and gasp, noticing the sparkling ring.

"Oh this thing? Well that's a funny story..." I started holding my hand up in the air. I then picked up a cookie and started munching on it as they all looked at me expectantly, eyes wide and mouths agape.

"You better tell us this second before I have to force it out of you, girl! I'm not afraid of you or your hunky man!" Karlie said.

"Umm... Well.... Adam proposed last night!!" I said really quickly.

All the girls started squealing and jumped up to smother me with hugs.

I went to get the champagne and we all celebrated for the next few hours. I barely registered time passing until I heard the front door unlock.

ADAM POV

Taylor hadn't called me but it was almost 9pm and I assumed the girls would have left, so I decided to JUST return to the apartment.
As soon as I unlocked the door I heard squeals and all of the sudden I was being attacked by a bunch of women hugging me and shouting things at me. Over their heads I could see Taylor laughing as she drank a glass of champagne.

"Hello ladies! Have you had a good evening?" I asked

"You are a sneaky man! You proposed and I didn't know? Like I should get some recognition for introducing the two of you!" Ellie said

"Sorry El! You can do a speech or something at the wedding.... or we will name our firstborn after you. That better?" I said, wandering over to Taylor and wrapping her small frame in my arms.

"Aww he's talking about kids! This is adorable!" Selena gushed

"OK girlies.... let's leave the lovebirds alone. They've only been engaged for like 24hrs. I bet they have A LOT of celebrating to do!" Karlie said, prompting them all to gather their stuff and head to the door, congratulating us again as they went.

"So... Celebrating.... Let's see what we can do about that!" I said, lifting Taylor off her feet and walking upstairs.