easter 2022

Easter 2022

TAYLOR POV

"MOMMMY!" I heard a wail come from upstairs as I continued to bake easter cookies for our easter party this afternoon. I chose to ignore it for now, I had learnt the difference between a whiney wail and an 'I need help' wail.

"MOOOOOMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY!!" I heard it continue as my eldest daughter came marching down the stairs and into the kitchen, looking decidedly grumpy for 10am on Easter Sunday.

"What's up Ali-cat?" I asked her, turning around and looking at him.

"Masie won't give me back my bow, and she is sleeping...and I NEED it right now." Ali said, with her hands on her hips and a serious pout on her face. Our little drama queen.

I had to stop myself from laughing at the situation. She was currently complaining that her little sister, who was only a year old,making her 4 years younger than Ali, had her hair bow.

"Okay...well how about we wait till a little later, and we get it back from her? You can help me decorate the bunny cookies." I replied, smoothing her long blond locks over her head.

"I guess that's ok....." She replied, huffing slightly and going to get her little apron from the pantry door.

I was currently at home alone with my 2 daughters while my husband and son were out getting all the food we had ordered and balloons to decorate the garden. We had invited around 30 people over for an Easter party at noon, including 10 kids running around and giant easter egg hunt in our garden. According to my lovely brother I was being over ambitious with all the plans, but I never let a party go wrong- like seriously I was becoming a pro with 3 kids birthdays plus all the major national holidays during the year.

"We're home!" I heard our 3 year old son Daniel squeal as Adam opened the front door. This was followed by him running into the kitchen.

"Hey buddy! How was the store?" I asked Danny, bending down to his level and helping him take off his sweatshirt.

"It was awesome! And we filled the car with balloons! I thought we were going to fly away like in UP!" He rambled at me, before running off somewhere else, nothing happened at a normal pace with that boy, always running around.

"Mommy, can I go play?" Ali asked stepping down from the counter and looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Of course you can! Just try not to get your dress dirty before everyone gets here!" I told her, giving her a kiss and sending her to play in the playroom next door with Danny.

"How is it only 10.30?" I asked Adam as he carried the last batch of food and balloons in from the car.

"3 kids and a major party can be tiring, babe! Now what can I do for you? You should sit down for a bit." Adam said, leading me to one of the high stools at the counter.

"Thanks. Um...could you put the food onto platters and then we'll put them outside on the table with the balloons." I replied, sighing slightly and laying my head on the cool marble as Adam just smiled at me.

*later at the party*

"Hey big sis!" I heard from behind me, turning around to find Austin with his wife and their 2 year old son Max.

"Austin!! Happy Easter!!" I said

"Yeah, yeah.....I'm totally taking you down this year in the hunt!" He replied, as i greeted them all and told Max where his cousins were. Despite being both around 30 years old, we were still incredibly competitive when it came to easter egg hunts.

"We'll see....I do have great helpers!" I reminded him, since Ali and Dan were older than Max and very good at finding things.

ADAM POV

Even after 7 years of seeing Taylor host amazing parties I was still in awe of it all. She somehow managed to get everything sorted, including 3 rambunctious children and 2 crazy cats, and look flawless without looking as if it was any effort at all.

"Daddy, can we go on the bouncy castle yet?" Ali asked me, tugging slightly on my hand, standing with her own mini squad made up of our friends kids.

"I'd say that it's ready....Are you all ready kids?" I asked them all, getting a bunch of cheers in response.

We had set up a bouncy castle for the kids, but told them they had to wait till after lunch so they didn't get sick.

"3....2.....1.....BOUNCE!" I said loudly, triggering a stampede of small feet into the bouncy castle and the grouping of most of the guests to watch their various children. I watched Ali help her brother onto the castle and then start bouncing with her friends.

"Hey Adam!" I heard from behind me, turning around to find Taylor and Maisie there.

"Hey babe! and baby girl!" I replied, taking a grinning Maisie from her mother's arms.

"Hi daddy!" She said to me, curling up in my arms.

Later that evening we sat on the sofa watching an Easter themed movie with the kids still in their adorable easter outfits, complete with hair bows and sparkles for the girls, and I looked over at Taylor and realised just how lucky I was.

For the last 7 years I had had this light in my life, and now we had our own 3 little lights.