Special Collaboration

AN: short bit of fluff after talking to a friend about how repetitive wedding/ pregnancy/ baby announcements on facebook get....randomness ensued...

"It would be creative and different!" Adam said, pleading with Taylor to go with his idea.

They were trying to find an innovative way of making an announcement to their fans and so far they were not in agreement. Taylor wanted to go the cute route while Adam wanted to trick everyone.

"I suppose it does fit with our jobs and stuff....and they will probably take it at face value to start with at least, so that could be funny... And they all want us to release a single or something together..." Taylor mused, sitting sideways on the sofa while Adam massaged her feet. "Yeah, I like it."

"Seriously?! Finally!" Adam exclaimed, making them both burst into laughter.

"So how exactly should we word this?" Taylor asked, picking up her pad and pencil from the coffee table next to her and tapping the pencil on the tip of her nose as she thought about it.

"Something like 'New release featuring Calvin Harris' or something." Adam said, shrugging his shoulders. Taylor was always better with the words in their relationship.

"Hmmm.... But if I put a date they will wonder why I'm announcing it so soon....and then get it immediately..." She said, thinking hard about it all then writing something down, "How about posting this on tumblr."

Adam took the pad and read what she had written.

'Hey guys! I have been bursting to let you know about a very special new collaboration I'm working on with a very special collaborator. I'm thrilled to say that a unique collaboration will be coming very soon featuring the one and only Calvin Harris. I'll let you know more soon! Lots of love always, Taylor'

"Sounds good...get them guessing. Maybe we should post a picture of us in the studio, just to make them more confused!" Adam suggested, making them both laugh again as he picked up his laptop from the coffee table and opened up his pictures.

The nest few hours were spent finalising their plan before they released the information. First it was on Taylor's tumblr, then she linked it to her Twitter and Facebook. Adam then retweeted the post. Immediately fans were speculating about what the collaboration was, mostly falling for the trap that it was an actual single or album. They both got messaged from heir friends, who already knew the real reason for the posts, telling them how sneaky they were being and how hilarious it was.

A few hours later Adam posted the photo on his Instagram which Taylor liked and re-grammed on her account. The caption said: 'new collaBoration feAturing the Beautiful TaYlor Swift'. That set the internet ablaze, with most people getting excited about a musical collaboration apart from inquisitive fans who saw through the caption and realised the real reason, sending them into meltdown.

"Is this all really mean?" Taylor asked as she scrolled through all the craziness on twitter and tumblr while Adam cooked dinner.

"It's fun.... They will figure it out pretty soon, it's not like it's easy to hide." He replied, coming over to Taylor and wrapping his arms around her from behind and running his hands over her ever so slightly rounded midsection, "They'll see the product of our little collaboration very soon."