award show surprise

November 2018

TAYLOR POV

"If I want to go and the doctor says it's ok, then why can't I? It's my body, my decision! If you don't want to come with me that's fine, I will just take a friend instead." I screamed at Adam, letting my emotions and hormones get the best of me.

"I just want you to be careful! It's a long night and I worry, you know that...." Adam replied calmly, trying to grab my waving hands and make me look at him.

"I just....everything is changing and it's too fast....I don't want to stop doing things I enjoy..." I replied, holding back tears.

Adam smiled at me, wiping away my unshed tears from my eyes, and wrapping his arms around my shoulders as best as he could.

"I know babe. But we'll be fine, I promise....we are ready." He told me "How about a compromise: we go to the show, but don't walk the red carpet and you try your best to stay seated during the performances, then we come home right away after? That way you can see your friends and have fun, and probably receive some awards, but my mind will be at ease."

"Okay....that could work..." I replied, a smile making it's way onto my face.

The AMAs were this weekend and it had been an ongoing discussion between everyone around me as to whether I should be attending or not. I had just released a new album this year and I was nominated for multiple awards, including artist of the year....but there was one major issue.

I was also 9 months pregnant, with my due date falling 5 days after the award show. My doctor had said it was up to me, but he didn't want me to get too stressed as that could induce labour, although at this point our baby was more than ready to be born so it wasn't the greatest worry.

"BUT, if you feel at all uneasy or anything during the day beforehand we don't go....and if you feel unwell at the ceremony we are out of there....got it?" Adam said, his protective nature having been in full force for the last 5 months or so.

"Promise....promise on the lives of Meredith and Olivia." I reply, smirking at him as he rolled his eyes.

ADAM POV

I was worried....I had been worried for the last 7 months since we first found out about the baby... I didn't want anything to go wrong at all in this pregnancy. At first Taylor had been so apprehensive about the whole situation, taking a few weeks to fully grasp the concept of being a mother at the same time as releasing an album and promoting an album. Luckily her label were really understanding and helped to schedule events that suited the situation, for example we didn't want her to be travelling too far on her own so either I or her mom were with her at every event, even early on in the pregnancy.

This weekend was going to be crazy. It was, in theory, our last weekend before becoming parents, and it was also AMA weekend here in LA so we had loads of friends coming into town and an award show to (maybe) attend.

I had observed Taylor going back and forth between being terrified of motherhood changing her life completely and ecstatic about having a mini us around. Today was one of the 'terrified of change' days.

*award show day *

TAYLOR POV

We made it to the venue and went straight in without walking the red carpet, which I was glad of in the end because my feet were sore and I was getting tired quite easily, but was determined to attend the ceremony and prove to Adam that I could.

"Tay! Adam!" Selena said, coming over to us and leaning down to hug me, "I wasn't expecting to actually see you here!"

"We couldn't miss it! Are you ready for your performance?" I asked her, excited about seeing Selena perform later on.