Sleepover take 2

I combined a bunch of things in this one (Adam's friends, squad persuading her that this relationship is a good thing, meeting new people, Vegas)

March 2015

When Taylor came back downstairs, now dressed in a clean crop top and shorts, she was immediately assaulted by questions from her friends. The questions ranged from easy to answer, to extremely awkward (especially from Ellie and Este who decided to gang up on Taylor).

"So.... How do you feel about all of this?" Selena asked, once they had settled down a little.

"About what?" Taylor replied absentmindedly.

"Well, being in a relationship again.... it's been over two years." Selena continued.

Taylor paled slightly, having had to overcome a lot of anxiety to actually allow herself to go on the first date with Adam.

"It's....um.... nice.... it's comfortable and easy.... which makes me worried about it.... Being completely honest the whole possibility of this ending terrifies me. I've been so happy for the last few years without a man in my life and I don't want to lose that, but I'm also so amazingly happy around Adam and I never want to lose that. It's like we are living our lives on fast forward, it's all moving so quickly and I don't want it to crash and burn." Taylor said, putting her face into her hands as all her worried started to come out.

The last couple of weeks had been a whirlwind of emotions, mostly great emotions but dotted with strong periods of anxiety.

Selena looked over at the other girls, trying to convey her worry for her friend. Out of all the girls there Selena had seen Taylor go through the ups and down of relationships, all the way back to when they met and were both linked to Jonas Brothers.

"If Adam makes you happy, it's worth it, right?" Alana asked gently, sitting down next to Taylor.

"But the possibility of heartbreak.... that personal torture.... It's just.... Puts me on edge I guess. I don't want history to repeat itself, with me getting in way too deep and then being completely knocked down when everything gets too much for him. You've got to admit it; my world isn't easy going. There are always people watching, always opinions on any situation, silent and not so silent judgements." Taylor said.

"You know the only reason he was at the Brits after party was so he could see you right? And then he asked me for your number and wouldn't stop talking about you when we met up the next day? I even got a message from his friend Charlie asking why Adam was suddenly so happy when he got back to LA. You make him just as happy as he makes you." Ellie said, making Taylor smile slightly.

"You can't predict the future Taylor; you've got to live it!" Selena told her.

"I guess so. I have to stop overthinking everything." Taylor said, trying her best to sound confident, "Now give me a cookie!"

"That's our girl!" Este said, clapping her hands together.

The girls settled in to a game of Scrabble until Taylor's phone rang.

"Hello?" She answered as soon as she accepted the call, having not looked at the caller ID as she was more interested in the tiles she had.

"Hey...it's me, Adam." Adam said.

"Oh! Hi!" Taylor said with more enthusiasm, her attention going form the game to her phone call as she mouthed Adam to the girls who started smirking and making kissy faces at her.

"Hi.... I was just calling to check in....um, you said you'd let me know if we could meet for dinner, or like if I could come back over there before I go to Vegas." Adam said carefully, trying to gage Taylor's mood after spending the days with her girls.