The triple 'W' duo

(For more adventures of Alice and Daniel Wiles see Teenage Nightmares and A not so kid friendly welcome )

TAYLOR POV

"It's not like we can hide it much longer...." I told Adam when we were sitting in bed, "They aren't little kids anymore, they know stuff and they notice things.... And change can be hard for teenagers."

"I just don't know how to broach the subject with them. It's not like last time when Ali was just 4 years old. Now she's 17! She's old enough to be in this situation herself- although I sure hope that isn't the case for a long time. And what if they hate us?" Adam replied, looking up at the ceiling.

"It's not like there is anything we can do about it now." I reply, taking his hand and placing it with mine on my stomach, "We just need a plan of action. Nothing too obvious but it needs to be soon... like maybe next weekend."

ALI POV

"I'm telling you Dan, they are hiding something.... we need to figure it out." I told Danny, sitting at the end of his bed and whispering, although our parents would never hear us from their room.

Recently we'd noticed changes in our parents' behaviours. Mom was doing less than usual and kept sleeping in or taking naps, while Dad was happy all the time and even more protective of us than usual.

"Okay... how about we make a list of possibilities and then narrow it down." Dan suggests.

"You're a genius!" I tell him, and then pass him a piece of paper and a pen from his desk, while getting myself one too.

We both make lists and then start to compare them.

We ruled our divorce because they still act like loved up teenagers, and ruled out anything professional because we would have heard through the grapevine.

"Maybe mom's sick?" I suggested, then shook my head, "That can't be it, dad's too happy and isn't a good enough actor to fake it."

"Imagine it mom was pregnant or something..." Danny suggested and then started laughing.

That's when it dawned on me. The only other time I'd seen Dad acting like this was over 13 years ago. I was a lot younger at the time but I remember the tiny changes like it was yesterday.

"Oh shit." I said, "I think you might be right...."

"WHAT?" Danny replied, loudly enough that I covered his mouth so our parents wouldn't hear.

"Well it all adds up... Mom being tired all the time and eating a lot, dad being so freaking happy and protective, the little looks between them, the fact mom could find those pregnancy books so easily and that they are now actually on the shelves instead of in the cupboard...." I explained.

"Well.... That would be something new.... "He said, still shocked and wed by the prospect.

"But they are so old! Like this kid could be mine in theory. It's like... ewww." I shuddered slightly at the image of my parents having sex, despite having walked in on them a few months ago, "And I'll totally have to babysit like all the time.... I'll be 18 by the time it's born!"

"We should totally trick them into telling us....." Danny replied grinning , always wanting to prank people.

The cogs in my brain started turning and a plan started to form.

"How about this....." I started to detail my plan. "We need Fanta, a pregnancy test, one of the many pregnancy books from the den, and a cute onesie...."

2 DAYS LATER

TAYLOR POV

The kids were behaving really weirdly this morning, being way too nice and smiling at each other a lot, but I brushed it off thinking maybe I was just being too sensitive at the moment. It was cleaning day today so I reminded them to strip their beds and leave sheets and towels in the hallway for me to collect. They then left for school. Adam had been working from home more often recently, since he was just editing stuff now so didn't need the recording equipment in the studio. It was nice because we could have lunch together and if I wasn't feeling great he was there to look after me.