things just fall together part 2

*@ the Brits after party*
TAYLOR POV

I had just won my first Brit award and my performance had gone well, so tonight I would be celebrating!
My dress for the main event was not a party dress so I changed out of it into a short black dress and heels then me and Karlie made our way to the record company's after party. I knew Ellie would be there, as well as Matty from The 1975, and a bunch of other people. I was just hoping Calvin would be there too, although I'd never admit that to anyone! There was just something so intriguing about him... enchanting almost.

We decided to get some drinks then head toward the dance floor, but along the way I kept being stopped by various people who wanted to congratulate me or just chat a bit. Of course I gave each of them a little time. Karlie went and got me a drink and then left, presumably to find Ellie or some of the other girls. I could see Ellie up by the DJ booth talking to Nick Grimshaw who was DJing the party, so I headed over towards them. But then I bumped into Karlie at the bar and decided to hang out with her for now, especially as Calvin had just gone over to Ellie.

ADAM POV

I must admit, the after parties were never my thing. Like I love making music and DJing, but dancing isn't really my thing, especially if you don't have someone with you. But under the pretense of seeing my friends before I went back to the States I went. Really I just wanted to see Taylor again. I had decided not to approach her at the main event because she was busy and the camera was always on her, but here at the after party it was easier because there were more people around.

I saw her making the rounds of all the record label people and speaking to each one of them for a little bit. Ellie spotted me and waved me over to the DJ booth.

"Adam! I'm so happy you're here!! Nick play our song!!" She exclaimed, obviously taking full advantage of the bar. Nick just nodded and started playing The Outside making Ellie dance like crazy as she came down to me.

"Having fun Ellie?" I asked her laughing.

"Hell yeah! Now I could see you from up there...... You have a thing for a certain tall blonde. I can see it in your eyes mister." She said to me very seriously. " You better not do anything to hurt her. You hear me. She's a great girl but she is easily hurt. She worries about everything especially relationships. Heck, she's been single for 2 years because of her fears."

2 years... Wow! I wonder what she has to worry about so much.... From what I see, she's a lovely girl who has had extremely well deserved success. But I guess with success comes the media and they can be cruel.

"Don't worry Ellie. She just seems like an interesting person to get to know better.... OK?" I replied looking around and spotting her talking to her friend Karlie.

TAYLOR POV

"Hey girl! Finally got away from all those big boss people? Have some champagne- it's a celebration after all!" Karlie said.

I absentmindedly took the glass of champagne and took a sip while watching Ellie walk down from the DJ booth to talk to Calvin.

"Earth to Taylor! Are you even listening to me?" Karlie asked.

"Yeah sorry.... umm you were saying it's a celebration?" I said, unsure about what she had been saying.

"Yeah.... Then I said you should just talk to him instead of staring." Karlie replies, smirking at me and making me blush.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I tried to sound convincing.

"Sure you don't.... Well a little birdie told me he is single right now. Come on Taylor, it doesn't hurt to talk!" Karlie said, gently trying to persuade me to go talk to him.