Houdin-Ali

TAYLOR POV

"Are you sure you're going to be okay back here?" I asked Adam for the 10th time.

I was performing at the iHeartRadio festival and Adam had come along to look after the kids. I hadn't been on stage properly for over a year and a half, so I was really nervous. Add to that the fact that Danny was only 5 months old and currently teething making him very grumpy. Alice then added more craziness on top of that, at 3 years old she was running around and being her little social butterfly self, getting to know everyone and never staying close when we asked her to – except when the paparazzi were around because they scared her.

"Yes Taylor. I will be fine. Look, Danny is finally falling asleep and Ali is colouring in the corner. We will be completely fine for the 45 minutes you are gone." Adam said, wrapping his arms around me and holding me close, easily slowing down my racing heart.

"Okay... I can do this.... right?" I asked him, as a knock was heard at the door telling me that I needed to get to the stage.

"You are going to kill them all out there, babe! I promise!" Adam said, giving me a quick kiss and leading me to the dressing room door to get to the stage.

I took a deep breath and walked over to the stage entrance. The screams of the crowd somewhat energised me as I placed a huge grin on my face and walked on stage.

ADAM POV

Of course disaster would strike as soon as Taylor had gone! Well not as soon as, but within 15 minutes.

First came Danny screaming his head off because his teeth hurt, then came Ali getting pen all down her dress which was the end of the world to her, then Danny needed changing, and suddenly Ali was nowhere to be seen.

At 3 years old she was somewhat of a Houdini. She was just tall enough to reach most door handles and had them all figured out, meaning that trying to keep her in anywhere without a lock higher up was near impossible. I had naively assumed that her colouring and bag of activities and snacks would keep her busy for a little while at least.... But I was proven wrong very quickly.

I grabbed a whimpering Danny and rushed towards the slightly open dressing room door, hoping that I would find her quickly before she got herself into any danger or trouble. We'd already had her almost fall down a few flights of stairs, almost get caught in a revolving door, and a few minor injuries in the garden.... all within the last month.

"Have you seen a small blonde child about yea-high?" I asked one of the backstage technicians, while showing her approximate height, who shook his head.

I kept asking random people who all seemed to have either actually not seen her or just not noticed a small bundle of energy.

"Hey Adam! Your wife is really killing it out there!" Scott Borchetta called out as he walked towards me.

"Hi Scott!" I said back to him as he came over, "Um, yeah I'm glad.... Uh.... Have you seen Ali anywhere?" I asked him sheepishly.

It wasn't great to have to admit to Taylor's label president that I had lost our daughter backstage at a major show, but he just laughed slightly having known Ali and her antics for her whole life.

"Did the little devil get out again?" He asked, still laughing.

"Yeah... one second she was next to me as I changed the wee man's nappy and then next the door was open and she was gone.... At least I think she just wandered off.... I hope she did!" I told him, realising that anything could've happened to her.

"I'll keep an eye out for- wait...look over by the stag entrance." Scott said, smirking and pointing behind me.

I looked over just in time to see a little blonde girl in a flower print sundress wearing huge ear defender headphones slip through the door as a stagehand walked backstage carrying one of Taylor's guitars.

"Oh geez...." I said, knowing that Ali had basically just walked on stage.

TAYLOR POV

"So you guys are being so nice to me tonight with all that cheering and singing! Thanks for that! I was thinking of playing something from my 5th album...it was a bonus track but if you know the words please sing along." I said into the microphone as the opening notes of Wonderland started behind me.

As I was singing I heard the audience cheers getting louder and louder and a lot of people pointing behind me and to the side of the stage.

I turned slightly from my position near the front of the stage and saw a small blond head poke out from behind one of the decorative fake amps that were on stage. I tried my best to not laugh as I looked towards the stage door and saw Adam holding Danny and trying to motion Ali back over towards him.

I smiled at him as he looked at me apologetically and shrugged my shoulders a little. I was at the last chorus and only had 2 more songs left so why not just keep her on stage. I walked over to where she was semi-hiding and held out my hand which she took straight away.

I kept singing as she twirled around on stage and just skipped back and forth. The audience went crazy and Adam was laughing from the doorway. As soon as the song was finished Ali took a little bow and smiled at me.

"Well Vegas.... We have a surprise guest today. Please welcome Miss Alice Wiles...." I said and I lifted her up.

She smiled at the audience and waved a little.

"What do you want mommy to sing?" I whispered to her.

"Baby song!" She said excitedly. She was talking about a song I had written when I was pregnant with Danny and had released as a charity single a few months ago.

"And our surprise guest has a song request.... So here's an exclusive performance of Tiny Toes!" I told the audience, turning to look at my band who all just smiled at me and nodded, telling me they could do it.

I started singing, still holding Ali in my arms until she wiggled down and started dancing around again.

Soon I was finished my set and was leading Ali backstage again with me, after she had taken a final bow with the band and I. We met Adam at the doorway and he just shook his head slightly as Ali rushed past him and ran up to Ed who was next on stage.

"So the whole 'we'll be fine back here' thing?" I asked Adam, teasing him slightly.

"Apparently I am no match for little princess Houdini over there.... Seriously though, we need to travel with temporary locks for doors or something!" Adam replied, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and passing Danny to me as we walked over to say hi to Ed and get Ali back to the dressing room so we could head home.

"She's just a wild child.... At least she likes being around all this sort of stuff!" I replied, holding my arms out to indicate the whole backstage chaos going on.

"I don't know if I could deal with her becoming a performing... that means even more chaos to worry about!" Adam said.

"We've learnt to deal with it all, nothing can phase us now!" I told him, kissing his cheek as I went to greet Ed who had Ali hanging off his outstretched arm, with her feet a couple of feet off the ground, "Please put my child back on solid ground Edward!"

"You are no fun Tay! This is what godfathers are for!" Ed countered, smirking as he lowered a giggling Ali back to the ground.