The when, where,and how.

ADAM POV

"Okay, can you guys all promise what I tell you will not ever leave this studio?" I asked my assembled friends.

I had invited them over – well actually they just turned up anyway- under the pretense of having work to do, but actually I needed their advice.

"Do we have to take a pledge or something? Just spit it out!" Emil said, doodling on a pad of paper and rolling his eyes at me.

"Yeah, obviously we aren't working right now..... Wait, it must be important if you are neglecting work for this!" Burns added pointing at me with wide eyes.

"You're not dying or anything right?" Charlie asked, going to the worst case scenario and overdramatizing it as he often tended to.

"No, I'm not dying Charlie. But it is important.... I need your advice." I said, suddenly feeling 6 eyes staring at me. I took a deep breath before continuing. "I'm going to propose to Taylor."

It was deadly silent for a couple of seconds before they all erupted into chatter and excitement.

"Finally! I've been waiting for years for this to happen!" Charlie said.

"We've only been dating for a little over 2 years!" I replied, chuckling slightly.

"This is going to be AMAZING!" Emil said, flipping his pad to a clean page and titling it 'THE TAYLOR' like in How I Met Your Mother.

"When's this whole thing going down?" Burns asked

"Does Scott know? Did you ask her parents' permission? Does Austin know?" Charlie fired questions at me.

"Don't know, yes, yes, and no." I said, replying to all their questions and shutting them up for a moment. "It needs to be perfect, which is why I need your guys help."

"Well duh!" Charlie said, rolling his eyes again.

TAYLOR POV

Adam had disappeared off to the studio this morning with the boys and told me they should be done by lunchtime so there was no need to come up there, but it was nearly 3PM and they hadn't emerged. IT wasn't exactly that I was worried, just intrigued. I knew that Adam didn't have anything too much to be working on, he'd told me so himself, so why were they still in the studio?

None of them were answering their phones, so I decided to go and investigate and made my way up the outdoor staircase to the building with his studio in it, since the boys had taken both golf carts up. I wasn't surprised that is was silent, it was a soundproofed studio after all, but everything was so still. I knocked gently on the door before starting to open it. Immediately I heard rustling inside and the door was pushed back closed onto me. I tried to open it again, but someone must have been standing against it as it wouldn't budge. Now I was getting annoyed.

I knew they wouldn't hear me if I called out to them, but banging on the door loudly would usually get their attention, so that's what I did. As I was hammering away, the door opened a crack and Adam slipped out.

"What is going on? Why did you shut the door on me?" I asked him, glaring slightly.

"Just boys stuff.... They were embarrassed and didn't want you in there.... What's up?" Adam said, with a small relaxed smile on his lips, reaching one hand out and placing it on my shoulder.

"I was just wondering where you were up to, since it's nearly 3PM and you hadn't come out yet..." I said, sounding a little stupid and needy in my head.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't even notice the time! Wow! It's already 3?" He said. I nodded. "We'll be back down soon, promise."

"Okay.... See you soon!" I told him with a smile. He leaned down slightly and gave me a quick kiss, the kind of comfortable and easy kiss that is a habit, like you're going to do it for the rest of your life.

Adam knocked on the door and it opened slightly, just enough to let him in, and then closed again immediately behind him. They were up to something, and I wanted to know what it was.

ADAM POV

"Okay, Taylor is getting suspicious... she knows something is going on... I think the plan needs to be put into action sooner rather than later." I told the boys as I got back into the studio.

The whole room was literally covered in papers with sketches and ideas on them, from locations to times to who might be there.

"Okay... first thing first. You need to collect the ring." Burns told me.

I had designed a ring for Taylor, starting a few months ago and finalizing it as soon as I had her parents' permission after Easter, and it was ready now.

"And then you need to book the venue. And book flights." Charlie said, holding his hand over the mouthpiece of his phone.

What we had decided was that I would take Taylor on a trip to London and we would go for dinner at the Sky Garden in the 'Walkie Talkie' building. That was where the Elle Style awards were held, and where we first met. I knew I would be able to book it out if I figured it all out now. The next step was making sure Taylor didn't get suspicious.

She had started working on her next album, but it wasn't going to be released for another 6 or so months, so if I made it seem like a work trip for me and a holiday for her, she was likely to go along with it.

"Okay, we have the Darwin Brasserie book for 2 weeks this Saturday at sunset." Charlie said, thanking the person on the other end of the phone and hanging up.

"And Tree said Taylor doesn't have anything she is meant to be doing at all for the week before that and after that." Emil said, having been on my phone with Tree while I spoke to Taylor.

"So we have the ring, the venue, and we know she's free.... Let's go back down to the house and have lunch. I will book flights and stuff this evening after I suggest it to Taylor. Don't do anything to raise suspicions okay? I'm looking at you Charlie." I told them as, making them roll their eyes and nod.

Later that evening, as we both sat in bed reading emails and going on social media, I decided to broach the topic with Taylor.

"Hey babe?" I asked, looking over at her as she looked up. I couldn't help but smile at her as she sat there in one of my t-shirt, with her hair slightly disheveled, and wearing her glasses.

"Yup!" She replied, smiling at me as she looked up from her phone, which was predictably on tumblr.

"I have to go to London in a couple of weeks for work stuff and I was thinking it would be nice to visit the family and stuff while I'm there, so do you want to come too?" I asked her.

I watched her face light up and her smile expand across her face. Taylor loved my family, as I loved hers, and due to the distance they had only really met a couple of times in the last couple of years.

"Of course! That sounds fun!" She said, leaning over towards me and looking at the screen I had open on my computer which had a staged email from Mark and Charlie about this supposed work trip. "I mean, if that's okay?"

"For sure. I wouldn't enjoy it much if you weren't there to be honest..." I told her, making her smile even more and giggle slightly.

Now I had her on board for the trip, I just needed to get everything else sorted out.

A/N: should I do a part 2 in London?