when you are down i will be there (part 2)

TAYLOR POV

For some reason I am still not used to waking up with Adam. The feeling of his strong arms around my waist or my head on his chest. It's a blissful feeling.

This morning the feeling remained for about 5 minutes until I tried to move. All my muscle ached and my head was pounding.

"Aaargh!" I groaned trying to lay back down and close my eyes. I did not feel like getting up.

"Hey love. Did you sleep OK? Are you feeling any better?" Adam asked, gently smoothing my short hair away from my face.

"I feel worse. Wait how did I get here?" I croaked, realising we were in my room at my apartment in Nashville.

"You fell asleep on the flight so I carried you to the car and then up to the apartment when we got here. You didn't wake up the entire time....even when I was changing you into your pyjamas!" Adam told me, chuckling slightly as I opened my eyes slowly.

"Well....thanks I guess....I probably needed the sleep...." I whispered closing my eyes again.

The next thing I knew I was being woken up by a white furball wandering around on the bed.

"Hey Dibbles!" I said trying to get her to come up to me, "when did you get here?"

"Your parents dropped them off about an hour ago." I heard Adam say. I looked up to find him dressed and coming through the doorway with a tray. "We have lemon and ginger tea, a vitamin packed green juice, tomato and noodle soup, and green tea and mint jelly for pudding."

I looked at the tray full of my favorite sick foods and smiled. I was a lucky girl to have a boyfriend who knew me so well and was willing to help me feel better.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked quietly, trying to not strain my voice.

"About another 2 hours....so in total about 13 hours. How are you feeling now?" He asked, placing the tray in the middle of the bed and moving Olivia away from it.

"A little better I guess...." I replied, picking up the tea and taking a sip. "Less headachey and sore.....but my throat is still raw."

"Well....I've set up the sofa for a movie day and ordered some of your favourite foods to be delivered later on....so once you've eaten this stuff we will go downstairs....OK?" He told me.

"How in the world do I deserve you?" I asked, smiling at him and making him grin and place a kiss on my cheek.

ADAM POV

As soon as Taylor had fallen back asleep this morning, I put my plan into motion. First I ordered some of her favourite foods to be delivered this evening, then I called her parents and figured out when the cats were getting here, and set up blankets and pillows for a movie day.

When Andrea and Scott came over, each carrying one cat carrier, they asked a million questions about how Taylor was....although all I could say was that she was sleeping it off at the moment. They were grateful that I was there to help her, considering Andrea couldn't get any bugs as her immune system was already low. It was nice to see them and just talk over a mug of coffee....it felt normal to spend time with them. One day they might be my in-laws so I'm glad we get along. Before they left I made them promise to come stay in LA. I had recently finished renovating my house and it has 2 guest houses, so plenty of room for guests.

Andrea have me some tips as to what a sick Taylor liked best which was extremely helpful.

I let Dibbles go upstairs and into Taylor's room first, knowing the curious little furball would immediately go and wake up Taylor, then followed her with a tray of foods, hoping Taylor was feeling better enough to eat.

After Taylor ate we started heading downstairs. I could feel her leaning on me a lot and got worried about her falling down the stairs, so decided to just pick her up.

"Woah! What's going on?" She said as I lifted her into my arms, immediately clinging onto me like a monkey.

"We don't want you to break your legs before tour finishes do we?" I replied, walking down the stairs. She didn't resist it, rather nuzzling her head into my neck and clinging on more tightly.

"My hero!" She exclaimed, smiling up at me lazily as I placed her on the sofa.

She had changed into a cat covered onesie and was now surrounded by pillows and blankets. I had also given her some cough medicine and painkillers so she was a little dopey. This was a picture opportunity I couldn't resist.

"So what are we watching?" She asked, making herself a little cocoon on one end of the sofa.

"What do you want to watch my dear?" I replied, sitting at the other end of the sofa. Taylor placed her onesie covered feet on my lap while looking pensive.

"Friends....then some movie of some sort...." She said decisively.

I flicked through the series of Friends she had downloaded on her TV and we settled on some season 8.

The rest of the evening basically involved watching and discussing episode upon episode of Friends, eating lots of different foods (including chocolate chip pancakes and noodles....because why not when you're ill), and watching The Fault In Our Stars (with Taylor blubbering toward the end) and About Time. Halfway through the second movie Taylor fell asleep again and I decided to carry her back upstairs to bed since it was now late evening.

I placed her in bed without any covers on, as she was in a fleece onesie and I didn't want her overheating, put a glass of water next to her, and started to head towards the door.

"Adam?" I heard Taylor say sleepily.

"Yeah babe?" I replied, sitting on the edge of the bed and running my finger down her cheek.

"Thanks for looking after me."

"Thanks for letting me look after you." I replied earnestly.

"One day you'll be a great dad." She said, closing her eyes and dozing off.

"One day...hopefully to kids that look just like you." I said, even though I knew she couldn't hear me.

I quietly left the room and went to clear up downstairs before watching the rest of the film and going to bed myself.