Teenage Nightmares

Based on a prompt about Tayvin with teenagers who hate the attention.

TAYLOR POV

"Okay so, remember-" I started to say as the kids grabbed their bags.

"Remember to not look at the camera and not respond to them when they shout at us. We know mom, we've been doing this since we were tiny." Our daughter Alice said, getting her backpack on her back and rolling her eyes at me.

"Why do they even care about us? It's not like we are interesting or anything." Her little brother Daniel said, grimacing.

"It's always been like this Danny. They just want pictures of us because we are the stupid kids of famous people. Let's get going." Ali replied to her brother as they went out the front door and got into the car.

Alice was 17 and Daniel was 14. They had never really like being in the spotlight, and since we had brought them up mostly in Nashville they had had it pretty easy when they were really little. But now we were back in LA as it made the most sense for both Adam and I in terms of work. I was mainly songwriting these days, having gotten past the time when touring was fun when the kids were little, and Adam was one of the most in demand producers, with a few gigs in Las Vegas every so often. Ali was 12 when we first moved back to LA, and at first had enjoyed the weather and the opportunities she suddenly had to fulfill her dream of acting professionally, but now the novelty had worn off and the constant media attention was hard for her to deal with as she grew up more. Daniel was 9 when we moved and got into surfing and skateboarding as soon as we got here, which is how he spent most of his free time, but that meant he was constantly being followed by reporters and had to have security with him which annoyed him a lot.

Even when they were going to school they had to go with security, since reporters knew how to find them and had a sick obsession with celebrity kids. Ali sometimes had a hard time not lashing out at them, especially when she had a bad day or one of the paparazzi's bumped one of her friends, and we had had to speak to her on multiple occasions about the fact she couldn't use foul language around them because that just gave them more fuel.

As soon as they were gone I went into my home studio to start putting down a melody for a song I was working on. I had decided to release an album sometime next year, so had been writing as much as possible for myself. When I was writing I got into this sort of zone where nothing distracted me. I jumped when I felt someone's hands on my shoulders.

"Hey babe." Adam's smooth voice said.

"Oh, hi! I didn't realise you were home." I replied.

"Well...I thought I would come home for lunch today. Surprise you." He said.

"It's already lunch time?" I asked him, looking at my watch and seeing it had somehow gone from 8am to 1pm without me realizing.

"Haha, yeah. I figured you wouldn't have realized so I brought some food from your favorite deli near the studio." Adam replied.

"You are amazing! I don't think I tell you that enough..." I told him, spinning in my chair so I was facing him and standing up.

"Ali was in a mood again today about the paps.... I always feel so terrible pushing them into it...like we chose this sort of life but they just kind of fell into it." I told Adam as we ate lunch.

"I know babe.... But those paps are ruthless, they will do anything for a story. I thought their interest in us would have decreased by now, but no, it's still Tayvin this and that...." He replied, eating his salad. "It was definitely easier in Nashville right."

"Yeah.... But at least here we don't have to travel as much, we get to be more of a family. And apart from the pesky media, they are happy here." I replied to him.