Our Song pt 2

ADAM POV

I read and re-read Taylor's message multiple times before responding. It was almost midnight in LA by the time I got to responding to it, and even though I knew it was unlikely she would open it or another few hours I kept checking my phone until I finally fell asleep at nearly 2am my time.

Was it a genuine question in terms of wanting to meet up or was she asking for some other reason?

TAYLOR POV

Once the high from the concert had worn off and I was back at my apartment with the cats, I fell asleep very quickly. Somewhere in my subconscious I heard my phone buzz, but I didn't have the energy to check it. Well, that was until I found myself sitting bolt upright in bed at 5.30am having just realised who might have sent me a message. My dreams had been filled with memories of Adam and I couldn't piece it together as to why, until it all at once came to me. I had basically asked if he wanted to meet up.... Or at least I think I had....

I grabbed my glasses and phone from the bedside table and checked the screen. Sure enough, there was a message from Adam. I took a deep breath and opened it.

"Yeah, I'm around at home all week. Trying to finish off some tracks while the boys are all away. Exciting plans right? Adam"

I smiled slightly at the obvious sarcasm. Was that a roundabout invitation to come over? Deep down I wanted it to be, but at the same time it scared me enough to bury the feeling as much as possible.

"I have boring meetings most of the week, and then it's back to NYC for a while. Do you want to meet for lunch or something? A change from the studios and endless meetings for both of us?"

I decided I may as well just go straight for it, no beating around the bush, although I instantly regretted it....

I tried to go back to sleep but ended up tossing and turning until the cats made it obvious that it was time to get up and feed them. We were off to LA later today, so I needed to keep them both in my good books so they wouldn't put up a fight getting into their carriers.

I was just finishing cleaning up the kitchen and getting my bags ready to go when my phone started playing a clip of my demo version of TIWYCF, which I had once set for Adam and obviously had never changed.

I peeked at my phone and saw a message from Adam

"Morning! Not sure lunch is a good idea. Like with you"

Oh....okay..... I felt my heart sink as my phone pinged again with a second message

"Sorry, sent too soon. Not sure lunch is a good idea with all the paps that find you and the ridiculous media stories they make up. But how about you come over to the house? Basically, anytime works and you know the code right?"

I felt my face stretch into a smile. He did want to meet up! I debated whether going over to his house would be a good idea.... There were a lot of memories there. He moved into the house properly while we were together, I got to have input into the décor, many fights were had there, I basically lived there while my house was being renovated..... It was all about weighing the good and the bad, but at the moment the good was winning by a long shot.

"Sounds good! I'll let you know when I know and I'll bring food. Taylor"

ADAM POV

Why did I suggest this? Why did I invite her over? I wanted to, that's for sure, but now I was regretting it. I tried to distract myself by working on a song, but that ended up working a little too well when I heard a knock on the studio door.