Hot and Cold

ADAM POV

I was having an amazing dream. In the dream I was on a beach. It looked a lot like the beach in front of Taylor's place in Rhode Island really, and I was watching my beautiful girlfriend frolic in the water. But she wasn't alone. No, following her were two pixie-like little girls, both with unruly blond curls and frilly bathing suits. Taylor crouched down to their level and they all started whispering, with Taylor smiling at me. All of the sudden they were running at me at full pelt, or what is full pelt for small children. They finally reached me and started peppering my face with kisses.... wait those kisses felt too real, like I could feel them.

"Adam? Babe?" I heard a voice say, pulling me out of my dream as I felt the person kiss my cheek again to wake me up.

I opened my eyes to be met with a pair of brilliant blue orbs staring at me, wide awake.

"Hi." Taylor said, sitting back on her legs as she knelt next to me.

"Hi....um, what time is it?" I asked her as I looked around a little, noticing the room was still dark.

"Uhhh.... 2am." Taylor said, not looking straight at me and sounding a little hesitant.

"Okay...." I said slowly, lifting her chin up a little, "And is there a particular reason why we are awake at 1am tonight?"

We were in Rhode Island for a week long break over the 4th of July weekend, with a bunch of our friends and family members arriving the day after tomorrow, or I guess today.

"I couldn't sleep.... I'm hungry." Taylor said, biting her lip.

"And..." I encouraged her to continue.

"And I kind of Wendy's.... And the closest one closes in an hour.... And you don't like it when I drive myself...And..." She started to say, before I cut her off.

"Okay, then we better head out right now. Up and dressed." I said, smiling at her and pulling on a t-shirt and a pair of track pants.

She just sat there, kneeling on the bed, looking at me in shock. I chuckled and threw her a sweatshirt and my other pair of track pants she had taken to wearing around the house recently. She suddenly snapped out of her daze and rushed to put the clothes on.

"Woah, there, no need to rush that much! Be careful babe!" I said, still chuckling as I helped her off the bed.

"The thought of a chocolate frosty is to enticing to slow down!" She said as she got on her tip toes and kiss me on the cheek, "Thank you!"

"Don't thank me yet, we still have to get you that Frosty." I said, grabbing my car keys and wallet.

"And ghost pepper fries!" She added.

"Yeah, those too!" I said, smiling as she practically bounced towards the car.

It took about 10 minutes to get to Wendy's, although for Taylor the anticipation probably made it feel a lot longer. She practically leapt out of the car before I had even parked and rushed in.

"One large chocolate Frosty, one ghost pepper fries, and.... Babe did you want anything?" Taylor ordered, asking me as I walked up behind her.

"One lemonade please." I said smiling at the young girl behind the counter, who smiled at us and inputted our order.

It was nice around here. Most people had gotten used to Taylor being around more recently and it didn't faze them, so they barely reacted, treating as like the normal human beings we are.

Or order was ready very soon and we decided to sit on one of the picnic tables outside, as it was a warm night and we were awake anyways.

"You looked like you were having a good dream back there.... like, before I woke you up." Taylor said as she devoured her fries.