so your life has changed.....

September 2021

TAYLOR POV

Today I was going on the Ellen show to promote my newest album. It's been 4 years since the last one was released and almost 3 years since I was last touring.

I released by 6th album in August 2017, when I was about 3 months pregnant, and decided not to tour it till the following summer when our first child would be a few months old. Caleb Angus Swift-Wiles was born at the beginning of March 2018 and immediately took a liking to music, especially the lullaby remixes of Adam's songs which he had produced especially as soon as we found out the baby was healthy and I was in my 2nd trimester. That summer Adam followed me around on my whistle-stop world tour, only playing a total of 50 shows across 4 continents. I would have loved to do more but having a newborn was difficult. After I finished tour we settled into a comfortable routine, with Adam working in his studio a few days a week and me writing and recording as and when inspiration hit. I had also started writing a lot more for or with other artists. At the beginning of 2020 we found out we were expecting another baby, with me surprising Adam with the news on his birthday. This time it was a little girl born at the end of September, who we named Annabelle Rose Swift-Wiles.
Having a 2-year-old and a newborn in the house proved to be more difficult than I had expected for the first few weeks, but soon it all settled down and I was able to finish recording my latest album. Adam had become one of the most in demand music producers in the world, especially after he produced some of the songs on my last album and co-produced the majority of this one. This meant he was also DJing less, which he was happy about as apparently 'those late Las Vegas club nights do not go with daddy hood'.

At the interview E=Ellen T=Taylor

E= So, our special guest today hasn't been on the show for about 3 years. She is one of the top artists in the world, with her new album projected to sell over 2 million copies in the first week! Please welcome, our very own Taylor Swift!

*crowd erupts in applause as Taylor walks into the stage*

T= Hello everyone! How are you all doing today?

E= So Taylor....you haven't been around here much in the last few years.... how about you tell the audience what you've been up to.

T= Oh you know, a bit of this and a bit of that.

*crowd laughs*

E= Do I need to bring out pictures? I've got plenty.

*photos start appearing in the background, crowd cheers and claps*

E= You've sure been busy there! 2 kids and you look like that? Plus, a gorgeous husband. And a petting zoo worth of animals.

T= Haha, yeah I guess I have been busy. It does seem a little like a petting zoo, but actually it's just 2 sheep, a few chickens, and a horse on our farm in Pennsylvania. Those two aren't animals really *pointing to a picture of Caleb and Annie* but they sure are cute.

E= So, the big news is that you are releasing a new album next month......

T= Yeah! I'm so excited about it! Some of it's a different sound than I've previously done, and of course the subject matter has changed a little. I'm really looking forward to everyone hearing it.

E= Well I've had a sneak preview of a couple of tracks - your husband couldn't resist backstage- and I'll go out on a limb here and say it's the best yet.

T= Aww, thanks for saying that! That's awesome!

E= So will you be touring for this album?

T= Definitely! I'm still planning it all but the aim is to be touring on and off for the next year. Adam and the kids will come along while I'm in the States and for some international dates....but those will be spread out quite a lot to allow family time and as normal a life as possible for the kids.

E= That sounds great! Taylor's new album will be out on October 20th! Thanks for visiting us! Next time bring the munchkins!!

*end of the interview*

ADAM POV

I had driven Taylor to Burbank for her interview, while the kids stayed home with their grandparents who were visiting. I was so proud of her out there....my girl was rocking it!
We were mainly based in LA, having bought a house together a few years ago. Taylor still had her apartments in Nashville and NYC, as well as the house in Rhode Island. Last December I had purchased the farm that Taylor had grown up on in Pennsylvania as a combined birthday and Christmas present for Taylor. We were planning to spend as much time there as possible in the winter to give the kids an authentic snowy winter. For now, it was OK to hop around between houses.... but in a couple of years Caleb would be starting school and we had to decide where to properly put our roots down. I would be happy anywhere.... but we both agree that keeping the kids out of the spotlight as much as possible is best as they grow up. Apart from Instagram posts of the kids, they aren't in the media and we don't talk about them in any detail that often in interviews.

"Babe! You killed it out there!" I said as Tay came out of her dressing room.

"Aww thanks! It was just an interview.... But thanks anyways!" She replied smiling and leaning on me slightly. "Now take me home to see my babies please!" She said, with her voice muffled by my t-shirt he had her face buried in.

"Right away my dear!" I replied, grabbing her hand and walking towards the doors of the studio.