Hero (AU)

REQUEST: Hey could you write one based on the song 'hero' by Enrique but don't let Adam die

So I based it on HERO and on HIT AND RUN....and got a little carried away so it's looooonnng!

TAYLOR POV

I knew there was something different about Calvin from the moment I met him, but the curiosity and intrigue into his unknown past led to me falling madly in love with him. I was just a simple teacher from a small town, whereas he was ...well I was never really sure what he was, something to do with cars. I had never had much luck in the relationships department, either dating douchebags who ended up cheating on me or jerks who used me to look like good guys when actually they weren't. Adam was different. I had been going through a really hard patch when I met him. He brought light and an odd sense of adventure into my life and I was never going to let it go.

Everything moved so quickly in our lives. Individual daily routines became joint routines within weeks. Everything in my life seemed to be falling into place. I had a good job, a great house, and an incredible boyfriend.... It was perfect.

That was until he got a call one day. I watched as his eyebrows drew close together and he took a deep breath. I watched as he ran his hand over his face multiple times in quick succession and then leaned his elbow on the dining table.

"Okay, thanks." Calvin said to the person on the other end of the line before hanging up. It was basically the first thing I actually heard him say, considering the rest of the conversation was in hushed whispers.

"Is something wrong babe?" I asked, as I continued to wash dishes in the adjoining kitchen.

Calvin took a deep breath and made his way towards me. I inadvertently gulped, not knowing what was coming but not really liking the look on his face. It was a mix of anger, pain, and trepidation.

ADAM POV

I felt like I was going to break Taylor's heart into a million pieces no matter how carefully I worded the next few sentences. We'd known each other for just under a year, we'd been living together for just over 6 months, I could picture a future together.... But now everything in the future seemed unlikely. My past had caught up with me. My life as Calvin Harris in small town America was no longer going to be possible.

"Can we sit down and talk?" I asked Taylor, trying to remain as calm as possible.

"Umm... sure." She replied, slipping past me and walking to the sofa in the living room/dining room area to sit down. I followed close behind, siting at the other end of the sofa.

"I'm going to tell you something that I haven't told anyone before....ok?" I asked her to which she nodded.

This was my chance to tell her everything, but I didn't want to scare her and didn't want to lose her, although that was very likely to occur. I spoke without looking at her face, not wanting to see the disappointment she was likely to show.

"My name is not actually Calvin Harris, it's Adam Wiles. I was involved with the wrong people when I was younger and ended up being the getaway driver for a small time gang. When one of our plans went wrong we got caught by the police. I was 19. In exchange for my testimony, I was put in witness protection and allocated a job at a garage a couple of towns over. Then I met you and everything seemed so perfect. But that was one of my old friends calling to say the other guys got out of jail and they are after me. I can't stay here Taylor, I have to leave and go on the run." I finished, looking up slightly to see a confused Taylor looking at me, her face showing that she was gradually processing the information I had literally thrown at her.