Doctor Adam

TAYLOR POV

I had been excited for days- no, make that weeks! We were finally heading to Scotland to visit Adam's parents for the first time this year. Adam was playing a festival in Scotland in a week's time, so we decided to tag on a little vacation with his parents beforehand.

I woke up to Adam gently shaking me.

"Wake up princess.... Our flight leaves in 2 hours." He said gently, handing me my glasses as I rubbed my eyes. I looked over at the clock and saw it said it was 3am.

The lucky part about our jobs, I guess a perk to the fame and wealth it brought, was the fact we were able to fly privately from Nashville to Carlisle, which was only about 45 minutes' drive from his parents' house. I had been in Nashville for the last couple of weeks hanging out with my mom and Abi, while Adam had been at shows in Vegas, as well as having a few loose ends to tie up in LA with regards to his sets for the festivals in Europe.

"Morning." I said, smiling back at him, my voice slightly raspy from a late night last night finishing packing and taking the cats over to my mom's house.

It only took us about 30 minutes to get ready to go and get into the car, and the next thing I knew I was curled up next to Adam on his plane watching an episode of Friends and dozing peacefully as he gently stroked my hair, twirling it absentmindedly on his finger. We spent part of the flight playing board games on my iPad and watching a movie, before I actually fell back asleep again, the late nights and early mornings taking a toll on me.

"Mr Wiles? Miss Swift? We'll be landing soon." I heard the air stewardess say, rousing me from my slumber for the second time that day.

"Tay, you awake?" Adam asked me, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"I'm awake, just not opening my eyes quite yet." I told him, smiling. When I opened my eyes, my head started to kill and I hoped that I wasn't coming down with something.

"Cool.... Well it's about 6pm in the UK, so we should be at my parents' by dinner time at 7.... I think tonight it was just going to be the 4 of us, but Sophie and the kids are coming for dinner someday this week too." He explained, as we gathered up everything, stowing it away before the plane made its descent.

ADAM POV

I was extremely excited to be going home. Taylor had been encouraging me to actually spend a decent amount of time there this trip, instead of just a couple of days, since my parents barely ever saw me and I did need to slow down a little bit, having been running myself ragged recently with new music and lots of shows.

I was driving through the countryside, chasing dusk as we drove through familiar roads to my parents' house. Taylor was watching out the passenger window, and I was watching her every so often. She was quieter than usual, but I just put it down to travel.

"Almost there." I said, not at all masking the child like excitement as we got past the sign saying we were in Dumfries.

"I can't wait to see everyone!" Taylor said, sounding more enthusiastic than she had all day.

"They can't wait to see you either, babe... they are probably more excited to see you than they are me!" I said, chuckling slightly.

Taylor had met my family on two previous occasions over the last year, once when she was in Scotland on tour and once when we were in London more recently for a couple of days and they came down to see us. But she also had a habit of hijacking my Skype calls, getting along like a house on fire with both my parents as well as my siblings and their kids. One of the youngest had even started to call her Auntie Taylor, which I knew made her really happy, since she smiled like a Cheshire cat whenever she would hear it.