Rollercoaster

ADAM POV

I shouldn't have left so easily, I should've stayed and at least tried to work through it. I was just fed up.... Like really fed up, and I thought I might actually do something bad if I didn't just leave right then and there.....it was just a build up over time and I felt like I was going to explode. That was 3 days ago now.

I, for one, should be able to appreciate how difficult it is to put out a new album. All the logistics, all the meetings, all the promo, all the stress... but for some reason I just became snarky about it all. Taylor wanted this new album to be better than the last, and that was a constant struggle. It's what every artist strives for and it's the hurdle at which many artists stumble, especially if they have had as much success as Taylor did with 1989. But it meant she spent all her time obsessing about it all. It had gone on for about 3 weeks when I finally had enough. Anytime I would try to talk about something that was important to me, she brought it all around to her album again.... EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

Okay, maybe I'm over exaggerating, but that's what it felt like. It felt like I didn't matter to her anymore, like the 2 years we'd spent together were no longer important to her. Deep down I knew this was all bullshit that my brain was making up, of course she cared about me. On many occasions she had told me how happy she was with me and she would still tell me daily that she loved me. Heck, she wrote most of her new album about me/our life together/love!

"I've royally screwed up, haven't I." I said to Emil as he floated on one of my floaties and I sat next to the pool with my head in my hands.

"No shit Sherlock!" He replied, looking at me like I'm an idiot, "Taken you long enough to figure that out."

I needed to do something.... But what if Taylor was absolutely fine with it all...maybe she wanted us to break up, maybe she was dealing really well with me walking out and not contacting her.... Maybe I really did wreck my only change at a future with the best person to ever love me.

TAYLOR POV

"Come on Tay.... You need to get to that meeting about the album booklet.... You've already put it off twice." Selena said, as a group of my friends sat at the foot of my bed, she had called in reinforcements after day 2 of me not getting up for more than going to the bathroom. I was flat out refusing to leave my room.

Adam had just up and left a few days ago, or 2 days and 20 hours to be more precise. It was just after lunch. I thought everything was going so well, but I guess not.... I was in the last few weeks of preparation for my new album to be released, meaning I was working a lot and very preoccupied by it.... Maybe he couldn't stand coming second to the album (which is basically a love letter to him!) for a couple of weeks.... He should know what it's like..... He would get really work focused right before releasing a single and I would just cook him meals and keep him relaxed, not become snarky and then walk out. He hadn't even called me or texted me or anything....

Maybe this was it.... Maybe I didn't deserve happiness.... Maybe my crazy life just wasn't made for me to actually have a solid relationship.... I had obviously gotten my hopes up too much.... 1-year was more exciting than you could ever imagine, and now we had gotten to a few months past the 2-year mark and he had walked out, leaving me a mess just at the point when I needed to be in a good headspace for press and fan events.

"Taylor Alison Swift. You need to get out of bed right now. Karlie made breakfast DOWNSTAIRS and your favorite little boys want to see their aunt Taytay, and I would appreciate it being in more than just a baggy t-shirt and booty shorts." Jaime said, pulling back the duvet which I clung onto tightly.