Vegas, je t'aime

September 2015

TAYLOR POV

I sat on the sofa in Adam's new house, scrolling through Tumblr and laughing at all my fans being completely over dramatic. A lot of the time I just scroll through my dashboard without liking anything. I've realised that when they know I'm on they post a load of stuff to try to get me to see it....which is lovely but sometimes I just want to see what's going on without getting, for lack of a better word, spammed.

"Are you on Tumblr again babe?" Adam called from the attached kitchen, where he was currently preparing what he deemed the greatest salad on the planet.

"Maybe...." I replied

"Are they still DYING over the fact we have never posted a selfie or anything?" He replied, trying to convey how dramatic he thought my swifties were, although deep down I knew he loved them as much as I did.

"Maybe....it's so fun! Like they keep saying every single time you post a snapchat or either of us posts a picture on instagram their hearts skip a beat thinking it could finally be the end of what they have called the 'tayvin drought'...and then they go and make super realistic photoshopped pictures of us which freak me out slightly....it's hilarious!" I said, trying my best not to laugh as I wandered into the kitchen..

"Let's see them..." Adam replied sitting on one of the barstools I helped him pick out, and pulling me onto his lap.

I scrolled through my dash showing him the photos and posts.

"Sometimes I feel like we are torturing them by keeping all these photos to ourselves...." I said, going out of tumblr and scrolling through my camera roll showing Adam all the photos I had of the two of us on my phone....like it was seriously way over half my camera roll at the moment.

"Well...you could just post one....or let me put you in my snapchat video instead of just the cats....but it's up to you babe." Adam said as I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck.

"How about this.... I post a screenshot of my camera roll showing just the top or bottom of one of the photos....or will that just make it worse...maybe I should just post a photo....but no....but maybe...." I was voicing my current internal debate and I could feel the rumble of Adam's laugh as I leaned on his chest.

"Ok well you sort that all out, and I will serve lunch." He replied, lifting me off his lap and placing me back on the stool while he got bowls for the salad.

ADAM POV

"Are you still coming to my show tonight?" I asked Taylor as she cleared the table after lunch.

"Yeah, for sure! I haven't been for ages now!!" She replied, excited to be able to see me perform after I'd been to quite a few of her shows....although it was a little different. "It's nice to have a few days off before I have to head out again!"

"Well it's nice to have you here....the house feels a little big for just little old me." I tell her, wrapping my arms around her from behind as she washed up.

"Well....Charlie and Burns basically live with you....so you're not all alone...." She explained

"But they have their own lives!" I try to defend the fact that my friends are always around.

"I'm just joking Adam, I love how close you and your 'squad' are...it's cute!" She replied, bopping me on the nose like she does to Olivia and Meredith and walking away.

later that evening at the show

TAYLOR POV

I was standing behind the DJ booth, mainly out of the sightline of all the people in the club, watching Adam work the crowds and play a mix of his older and newer songs, to the delight of the audience.

"TAY! You're here!!" Charlie screamed as he walked towards me, having just arrived around half way through the set.

"Charlie!! So great to see you!!" I replied, wrapping my arms around him in a friendly hug.

We started chatting and taking photos of Adam, the crowd, atmosphere, and each other.

"Oh this is a great shot! It's like you guys to a T " Charlie exclaimed, handing me back my phone.

The photo had me smiling at the camera making a hand heart in front of me, with Adam in the distance behind me having turned around for a second to look back at us, he had his arms out to the sides and the biggest grin on his face.

"Hahah, yeah that looks great!!" I replied, smiling at the photo and seeing how the strobe lights and darkness of the club made me and Adam stand out. It was perfect, showing our personalities exactly the way we were and the way our friends saw it.

"Well you only get one shot to get it right..." I murmured going into instagram and formatting the picture. I then sat watching the rest of Adam's set thinking about a caption.

Just as he was coming down from the DJ box I thought of it: 'Vegas...je t'aime'.

I posted it then went up to Adam.

"Congratulations babe! #That was fantastic!!" I told him wrapping my arms around his broad chest.

"Thanks babe!" He replied, walking me backwards to his friends table without letting me go.

"Taylor, you little ninja! You've set the internet on fire!" Charlie said, slightly drunk and laughing his head off.

"Wait? What?" Adam said, pulling out his phone to a bunch of notifications.

"So...yeah....kinda just gave them what they wanted...." I said, slowly and carefully to gage his reaction.

"That picture is awesome!! I love it babe!" Adam said, grinning broadly, making my shoulders relax completely.

I knew he had been waiting for me to post something, he just wanted to let me do it in my own time, no pressure, just overwhelming support.