Back up...what? Part 5

1.5 MONTH OLD

TAYLOR POV

"We're going to miss you guys.... He's been such a star!" Our favourite nurse told us as we got Theo all ready to go.

Today was the day Theo was going home. He'd been in the NICU for 4 weeks, then in the normal nursery for almost 2 as he had trouble feeding and therefore gaining weight, but he had all of the sudden mastered the whole thing and flourished in the last week or so, to the point that they were sending him home. He passed his car seat test with flying colours and Adam was pulling the car around for us to go down.

To say the last month and a half had been easy would be a complete and utter lie. They had been some of the tensest weeks I had ever been through. But the ups and downs were completely worth it for the fact we were taking a healthy little boy home today. Today was the day our life with him really began.

"We'll miss you guys too... we have to do all this alone now!" I said, making a scared face towards the nurse and then laughing along with her. "We'll come back to visit. I promise."

"We're holding you to that!" She said as Adam came in, smiling widely.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Let's get this show on the road!" I replied, picking up the bag of clothes and toys from Theo's bed in the nursery as Adam lifted Theo's carrier up.

"Hey little man. We're going home!" He said, peering into the carrier and smiling as Theo gurgled slightly. "Just in time for mummy's birthday!"

"Best birthday present ever!" I said, smiling. It was my birthday in 3 days' time.

He was a very lively baby these days, and didn't stop wriggling and making noises. All our friends told us that with parents like us he was probably trying to sing or something, but we just found it adorable. He didn't cry much either, which at first freaked me out, as he would just lie there with his face scrunched up if he was uncomfortable, but I came to realize was a good thing as we wouldn't be deafened by him! He'd also learnt that squawking helped get him attention.

For the first few months we were going to keep him in our room, instead of the nursery, although all his clothes and toys would stay in there. I think we both want him to be close to us for as long as possible.

Adam drove so carefully, hyperaware of the fact he had very precious cargo in the back seat. I sat in the back with Theo, checking on him every so often, even though he just fell asleep as soon as the car started moving!

7 MONTHS

ADAM POV

"Here you go munchkin." I said to Theo as I set some food down on his high chair tray in front of him and served up lunch for Taylor and I.

"Oohh! What are you trying today?" Taylor said, coming into the kitchen and giving Theo a kiss on the forehead as he grabbed his food in his hand.

"We have nice soft courgette sticks to start with, then some of the chicken whizzed up with sweet potatoes." I told her, putting our plates, with actually chicken, sweet potatoes slices, and courgettes on the table.

"It's zucchini babe." Taylor told me, smirking at me as I rolled my eyes.

"Are you ready to do the final rehearsal?" I asked her as I dug into my lunch.

Taylor had decided to restructure her tour, making it more spread out so she could spend time with Theo and I between dates, and also to include a few new songs which she had written in the months since Theo's birth- many written during visits to him in hospital. All her fans – actually all both of our fans- seemed to understand why we were had cut back on shows, and the response to Theo was amazing (although some of Taylor's 'swifties' are still a tad overdramatic when we post photos...). Today was the final dress rehearsal, after 2 months of pretty full on rehearsals, before she started tour in LA for 3 nights next week.