take your time.....

July 19th 2015

ADAM POV

If I hadn't had a show yesterday I would've been in Chicago with my girl. She had caught a cold or something between shows meaning she couldn't really talk and was feeling slightly miserable- although nobody could tell but those close to her and she sounded fantastic during her show.

I decided, since I had some free days and so did Taylor after this show, to surprise her. I decided to call Andrea and let her know what my plan was since she was going to be there and knew how to sort out security and passes.

"Hello?" She said as she answered her phone.

"Hello Andrea. It's Adam." I replied

"Hello Adam! How are you?" She asked in her very motherly way.

"I'm doing pretty well myself. How are you?" I reply.

"Oh you know, good days and not so good days. But there's a break for a bit now which should be good! Now, what can I do for you? Did you want to speak to Taylor?"

"Actually no....I was wondering if you could get me credentials for the concert tonight without Tay knowing about it? She sounded a little down last night and I wanted to surprise her." I explained, rubbing my neck as I spoke.

"Wow! Yes of course! I will get you an all access pass and make sure nobody knows except me and Scott. You can stand with us at the B-Stage. Just let me know when you get here and we will sneak you in! How exciting!!" Andrea replied

"Thank you! I will see you later on!" I said before wishing her a good day and hanging up the phone.

As soon as I got the OK to be at the concert I grabbed my bag and threw in enough clothes for a few days since I knew Taylor would prefer to stay at the beach for the next few days instead of coming back to LA....and to be honest so would I.

My flight landed in Chicago at 7.30 and I made my way to the stadium.

*to Andrea: Hi! I am just pulling into the back of the stadium.*
*from Andrea: Scott will be at the doors to meet you! See you soon!*

As soon as I got out of the car I saw Scott on his Segway by the door.

"Hey Adam! Here's your landyard. We better get through here before you get spotted by anyone who will tell my curious daughter!" Scott says spinning around and moving forward slowly so I could keep up. " I think this is great! I love surprises! Especially when they are for my kids!"

"Well I thought it might be fun!" I replied, laughing slightly at his enthusiasm.

Andrea then spotted us and came over to give me a hug.

"Adam dear! How was your flight? Not too bad?" She asked

"Very smooth thank you! How's Taylor?" I asked, concern probably showing on my face.

"She's feeling a bit better. Actually she just told me it was odd you hadn't called her yet to wish her good luck.... "

"Oh yeah....well I guess I should just go do that in person right?" I said grinning at Andrea and Scott in front of me. I usually sent her a message or called her every time she had a show, around the time she would be eating.

"I'll show you the way!" Andrea said leading me through the maze backstage.

I was weirdly nervous. I was excited but also didn't know how she'd react....or if she'd want me here with all her fans. It was OK in Dublin but since then things had changed with my interviews and Gaga's tweet.

"Adam! Why are you doing here??" I heard from my left. I turned and saw Este running towards me at full pelt.

"Hey guys! I'm here to see my girl....but it's a surprise!" I said to them, hugging each of the sisters.

"Well get your tushy back there then!" Este exclaimed pushing me towards Andrea.

"See you later girls!" I said, laughing as I continued to follow Andrea.

TAYLOR POV
It was slightly odd tonight. I was feeling better, meaning I could talk to people at my meet and greet and properly rehearse with Sam Hunt, who was my special guest tonight, which was great.. But there was something weird going on. I hadn't seen my mom or dad for at least an hour and Adam hadn't called it texted yet.
I was just sitting with my band chatting before we got ready to go on in about 15 minutes. I had already eaten, since I eat like 2 hours before I go on.

Suddenly the chattering went quiet and everyone looked behind me then looked at me.

"What?" I said spinning myself around towards the doorway.

There in front of me stood the one person who I had been thinking about almost non stop for the last little while.

"OH MY GOD! ADAM!" I said, completely breaking my semi-vocal rest, as I jumped up and rushed over to him.

Adam opened his arms and wrapped them around me as I clung onto him.

"Hey babe! SURPRISE! How's everything going?" He asked softly as I nuzzled into his chest.

"Freaking awesome now!" I replied smiling at him as he leant down slightly to kiss me.

I realised that my mum had shooed everyone out of the little orep room so it was just the two of us. I led Adam over to the little sofa and sat him down, then sat myself sideways on his lap.

"How did I not know you were going to be here?" I asked him

"It's not a surprise if you know in advance now is it." He replied, smirking.

"But....like....how?" I asked again.

"I called your mum this morning and she sorted out the pass and everything, then I got on a flight and here I am. It's like I said, not that hard to see each other." He replied, rubbing his hand up and down my bare leg making me shiver.

"When's your next show?" I ask, remembering it wasn't for a bit.

"Not till the end of the week.....so I was thinking we could hang out at the beach house for the week? Instead of going back to LA." He replied, making my grin widen even further.

There was then a knock at the door and a crew member said it was time to go on.

"You're the best babe. Like seriously doubt I deserve you!!" I said to him as we got up and left the room so my makeup could be checked.

"It's the other way around Tay. Seriously. I will see you out there, OK? KNOCK EM DEAD BABE!" Adam said giving me a last peck on the cheek and slightly shouting the last part as he made his way towards the stadium where my parents were waiting for him.

It always gave me extra confidence when he is watching, and my fans love it too....especially if I point/wink/wave/ blow kisses at him....

As soon as Shake It Off was finished I ran backstage and rushed to get a shower. The faster I got ready for Loft 89, the faster I could see Adam, and the faster we could leave.

"Babe! You killed it out there!" I heard Adam say from behind me as I was sorting out my hair.

"Thanks! You looked like you were having fun!" I replied, having watched him sing along, and grinning like a lunatic.

"Yeah I did! How could I not? It's like one of the most epic shows around!" Adam said as he slung his arm around my shoulder and we walked towarss where the Loft was taking place.

"Um....maybe you shouldn't come in...." I said, unsure of myself. It was a little difficult because I would LOVE for him to come in but knew it would change the whole dynamic.

"I was going to go hang out with the Haim girls instead." Adam replied, knowing exactly what I was thinking."I'll see you when you're done. I love you princess." He said kissing me again and making my legs go weak.

"Love you too, my prince charming!" I replied laughing at myself and going into Loft 89 to meet my fans.