Cat Conversations

Picture by the-animated-tripod on tumblr ( http://slightlyforlorn.co.vu/post/131691665887/tayvin-holding-meredith-and-olivia)

LATE SUMMER 2015

TAYLOR POV

I came into a very quiet house, after a long day doing photoshoots and interviews for a couple of magazines.

"Adam? Are you home?" I called out, wondering where he was and even more where the cats were. Usually at least the cats would greet me at the door when I came in.

I was staying at Adam's house while my house was renovated, and the cats had made themselves very comfortable here, which was helpful since they stayed here most of the time when I didn't take them on tour. Adam looked after them...mostly not letting them get into too much trouble.

I walked down the hall, checking the kitchen on the way, but no sign of any of my 3 favourite individuals.

I walked upstirs and hear some noise coming from the media room. The door was slightly open, but since the room was virtually soundproof I couldn't hear what was going on.

"You are my girl; you know that right?" I heard Adam say as I stood by the door.

Who was he talking to? Was there someone in there with him? Was he on the phone? What was going on?

I started to get a little anxious.... Everything has been going so well, but maybe I was just being over optimistic....

I couldn't hear another voice as I edged closer, pushing the door open slightly more.

"I don't want your sister to find out, so no telling her, ok? She'll just get jealous." Adam said.

This was both weird, terrifying, and intriguing.

"And definitely don't tell your mum...." Adam said.

At that point I was too curious to not find out what was going on. And maybe catching him in whatever act was best. I took a deep breath, trying to remain confident, and swung open the door.

The scene in front of me made me burst into laughter.

There, in one of the massively oversized chairs, sat my giant of a boyfriend with one cat stretched out on his chest purring away and the other on one of his feet, fast asleep.

He was talking to Meredith, who loved him more than anyone else, while Olivia slept, completely oblivious to the scene above her.

My sudden entrance and immediately laughter made him look up and blush immediately.

"Umm.... hi babe." He said, his hand which was running up and down Meredith's back freezing as he realised what I walked in on.

"Hello.... Do you want me to leave you with your girl?" I said, teasing him as I walked closer and picked up Olivia, who had woken up and was just staring up at me, and sat on the arm of his chair.

"You heard that.... Umm..." He said, stuttering slightly.

"Well it was definitely better than the image I formed in my head....and besides, it's not like you haven't walked in on me talking to the two of them.... like pretty often." I told him, leaning over and giving him a quick kiss. I could feel him smiling.

"What image did you have in your head?" He asked, wrapping his arm around my waist to stop me from falling off the chair.

"Actual people in here.... or at least one actual person... not the cats." I told him, laughing and making him laugh too. "So if Meredith is your girl.... then Olivia is mine."

"Deal!" Adam replied, pulling me onto his lap and moving Meredith over slightly, "And you are my princess."

"Why of course, prince charming!" I replied, curling up on his lap with Olivia in my arms and Meredith staring daggers at me to which I just stuck out my tongue.