Great British Road Trip

A/N: BASICALLY MY FAVOURITE PLACES IN ENGLAND (ALL REAL). ENJOY!! I wrote it really quickly so might be rubbish....

ADAM POV

"I want to drive!! PLEASE?? I'm a really good driver!!" Taylor pleaded with me as we got ready at my flat in London to get in the car and go on a mini road trip from London to Scotland to visit my parents before I had to go back to the US and Taylor had shows. We had rented a car, since I didn't keep one and we were flying directly from Glasgow to the south of France.

"I've already told you.... I'm driving. Not only do I actually drive more often than you, I also learned to drive in this country so know the rules of the road, and the whole driving on the wrong side thing doesn't faze me." I told her for the 20th time in the last few days. Taylor had barely driven in the past 5 or so years and I drove all the time.

"Hmmmm...." Taylor replied, creasing her forehead and walking out of the bedroom to go and do goodness knows what while I packed up.

40 minutes later we were packed and ready to go on an adventure.

TAYLOR POV

I knew Adam would never ever let me drive while we were here. He had only actually seen me drive once in the whole year and a half since we first met and it's true I have never driven on the left side of the road.

So instead I was deciding the route we were taking and had made a bunch of snacks. We had already chosen the route we were taking. We were going to go to Oxford, Nottingham, Manchester, the Lake District, and finally end up in Dumfries with Adam's parents.

"So which way should I go?" Adam asked as he pulled out of the parking lot under his building.

"Ummm ..... so head towards the M40....." I told him, looking at the map I had printed out for this leg of the journey. No one could accuse me of not being prepared!

"So I know where we are going...but what are we doing?" Adam asked.

"That's for me to know and you to find out babe." I told him cryptically.

OXFORD

When they arrived in Oxford they went straight to Christ Church College to see the original inspiration for the dining hall in the harry potter movies, and visited a few other colleges, before wandering around the covered market for a little while.

They got recognised a few times, but mainly people left them alone asking for just a quick autograph or photo, which they were more than happy to do.

"Where are we staying tonight babe?" Adam asked Taylor, having not been involved in much of the itinerary planning.

"We are staying in a prison.... Like literally it used to be the prison at the castle!! It looks amazing!" Taylor replied, bouncing up and down slightly as they walked to the Ashmolean museum to wander around and have afternoon tea on the roof.

"Sounds.... erm... a little odd to be honest." Adam said to Taylor. Taylor just stuck out her tongue at him.

NOTTINGHAM

"Okay....so are the costumes necessary?" Adam asked Taylor as he stood in a pretty revealing Robin Hood costume.

"Duh! We are going to Sherwood Forest! We need to dress the part!" Taylor exclaimed as she came out of the bathroom at their hotel near Nottingham in her Maid Marion dress.

"But we are walking around a muddy forest...." Adam whined.

"That's why we have welly boots, silly!" Taylor replied, patting him on the head as he sat on their huge king sized bed.